I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Sunday, December 7, 2014

An Old Fashioned Christmas in the Other Half of the Living Room, Part 5 ,Christmas Home Tour 2014

Welcome to Our Christmas Home Tour, Part 5, the other Half of our Living Room!!

 If you missed Part 1 of Our Christmas Home Tour, The Outside of our Home, Click HERE

If you missed Part 2 of Our Christmas Home Tour, The Outside All Lit Up at Night, Click HERE


If you missed Part 3 of Our Christmas Home Tour, Living Room Tree and Village, please click HERE 

 If you missed Part 4 of Our Christmas Home Tour, An Old Fashioned Christmas in Half of the Living Room, please click HERE

We last left off here in the corner of the Living Room, looking down toward the Hall way to the Kitchen.....
 And so far I have shown you 2 Trees........

Today we pick up on the other side of the Living Room.....
This wall divides the Livng Room and the Dining Room......
I re- decorated this bird cage for Christmas and hung some Christmas plaques.....
This is the antique table that is next to the chair where I usually sit watching TV....
I have had these Carolers for many years.....
A cute Bearington Bear....
Pillows on the chair.....
Looking into the Dining Room....
The round table over in this corner....
I had different shelves on this wall but I recently bought these cherub ones  ( one for each side) for $9.99 a piece in Gabes....

Sort of a Collection of Santa's on this tables.....
This Santa was bought on Clearance in Wegman's last year....
That is a gold tray that I stood up behind the crystal candle stick......
My Praying Santa's....
This nutcracker stands on the floor by the table....
My "fake" window.......
See the Cherub shelves on each side of the mirror....I mean fake window.....
I always hang a wreath for every season on this mirror....
I added a gold topper and some of the candle ornaments that I used on the large Tree in the Living Room.....
I made the plaque in the middle.....
Looking toward the tree.....
To see more of the Tree and Village, please click HERE
I made the swags long time ago and just keep changing the bows from time to time....
On the side of the TV entertainment center is this vintage 3 shelf table.....
The top shelf.....
Those 2 cute snowmen were bought in Gabes for only $4.00 each!!
The second shelf....
And the bottom shelf....
What do I have in that big box????

That is where all my Christmas DVD's are stored......
The TV Entertainment Center.......
I treat the top of it like a mantle.....
The Carolers are a set that was bought in Sam's Club many years ago.....

Those 2 Trees are Trees # 3 and # 4.........
New this year are the gold pots that I placed the trees in.  They were bought at an Estate Sale in the Summer.
And the Mercury Glass Trees are part of a set of 4 that I bought at Sam's Club this year....
Also there are Warm White LED Battery operated lights on the trees and in the "snow" so there are no lights that needed to be plugged in with this display making things a lot easier for me!!
The Mercury Glass Trees  also have remote control operated Battery LED lights in them!!!
On the floor at the base of the TV Entertainment Center....
More of my Bearington Bear Collection.....
Looking toward the Front Door....
Another Swag that I made....
And another round table....
This is also a Sam's Club set bought many years ago....
This Dapper looking Snowman sits on another box of Christmas DVD's.....
And that concludes the tour of our Old Fashioned Christmas Living Room.......

To View the next post in Our Christmas Home Tour,  A Pink,White & Gold Christmas in the Dining Room ( First Half) ,Part 6 ,Our Christmas Home Tour 2014 , please click HERE

This is Tree # 5.......
And these are Trees # 6 and 7......

A Debbie-Dabble Christmas

I am linking up to these parties:

Creating Christmas - Vintage Christmas
Christmas Linky Party
 Christmas Homemaking Hop
Christmas in the Country Holiday Link Party

Fluster's Creative Muster Wednesday's
 Wow Us Wednesday
 Sizzle into Summer Party
What's It Wednesday
 Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop 
Wake Up Wednesdays 
  Before and After Party

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
  Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
Share Your Cup Thursday
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Grace at Home Party
 
 FRIDAY
 Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
 Show and Tell Friday
Friday Favorites
   Flaunt It Fridays
  What To Do Weekends
 Anything Goes Linky Party
Anything Blue  Fridays
Friday's Five Features Party 
Fabulous Fridays 

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday
Say G' Day Saturday 
Friday Features Linky Party
Welcome to the Weekend Blog Hop
 
SUNDAY
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
Sunday Brunch Party
 Snickerdoodle Sunday

MONDAY
 Busy Monday
Mod Vintage Mix Monday
 Make It Pretty Monday
 Monday Link Party 
Blue Monday

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie





17 comments:

  1. I love how the red in your house really pops! I am in love with the tiny skates, our daughter is a skater! The carolers are so sweet. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have so much fun getting your Christmas on every year. I am sure you find "friends" that you forgot you had from year to year and enjoy each and every piece you put out. It's always fun to visit you here, Debbie. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the festive look that your home has this Christmas! Can't wait to see your pink and gold.....hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just the kind of post I was expecting here :) You have such beautiful knick-knacks. How do you store them? May be you should do a write-up on how to stack these beauties away post-Christmas.

    -Tanya
    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanya, if you search the blog you will fine pists in which Debbie has shared how she stores all her beautiful decorations. As you can imagine, all is super organised! You're sure to gain some great storage ideas!

      Delete
    2. oops *find posts- am on phone, therefore make 'fat finger typos' lol

      Delete
  5. oh Debbie, what a wonderful display of treasured items along with new additions that will, no doubt, become treasured!
    Thankyou so much for sharing your beautiful Christmas display.
    I, too, am very much looking forward to viewing your lovely dining room all decked out for Christmas.
    hugs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such charming Christmas collections. Thank you for sharing at The Southern Special.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home is so festive! I love your Xmas collection and i adore the birdcage.
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie,
    Hats off to YOU, for all the beautiful Christmas decor you have in your home...it all looks outstanding. Thanks for sharing at my linky party.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! I have been browsing all of your beautiful posts with your Christmas and I am just giddy! I love it all! When do you SLEEP is what I want to know? Just beautiful my friend. All of it! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great decorating Debbie ! Love the village under the tree! Your Bearington bears are so cute !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, so many beautiful things here Debbie. Love everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Debbie, your decor is just breathtaking. The carolers, the village around the tree, the Santa glasses on the table....you really do have Christmas in your heart! I am visiting from Snickerdoodle Sunday....now I'm going back to see your pink room... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love seeing your posts, Debbie, and your Christmas tour is just amazing! Love the cute carolers and the pink tree! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh! My daughter would be in heaven in your house at Christmas time. Stopping by from Creative mondays. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your village Debbie. And that tree might be my favourite ... ohh maybe the pink one ... hmm still deciding
    thanks for sharing
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails