I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

A Pink,White & Gold Christmas in the Dining Room ( First Half) ,Part 6 ,Our Christmas Home Tour 2014

 Welcome to Part 6 of Our Christmas Home Tour 2014, A Pink,White & Gold Christmas in the Dining Room ( First Half)

 If you missed Part 1 of Our Christmas Home Tour, The Outside of our Home, Click HERE

If you missed Part 2 of Our Christmas Home Tour, The Outside All Lit Up at Night, Click HERE

If you missed Part 3 of Our Christmas Home Tour, Living Room Tree and Village, please click HERE 

 If you missed Part 4 of Our Christmas Home Tour, An Old Fashioned Christmas in Half of the Living Room, please click HERE

 If you missed Part 5 of Our Christmas Home Tour, An Old Fashioned Christmas in the Other Half of the Living Room, please click HERE
 
  I am going to share my Dining Room decorated in Pink, Gold and White for Christmas with you in 2 posts .
 Remember that the Dining Room is the  the most Victorian looking room in our townhouse.....
      First, I want to Thank these Hostesses who featured my post, The Outside of Our Home, Part 1, Our Christmas Home Tour 2014:
 
Thanks to Maria Elena , over at Our Home Away From Home for featuring this post from last week's
Tuesdays at Our Home Party!!
 And I want to Thank Brenda, over at Cozy Little House, for featuring this post from last week's Tweak It Tuesday Party!!
Thanks so much Maria Elena and Brenda!!

Please visit and link up to these great parties!!!
 
In this post, I will show you the large Tree and one side of the Dining Room.....

You may remember that I already shared 4 Trees in the Living Room......

If I decorate it with ornaments or put lights on it, I count it!!

I decided to decorate the 7 foot slim tree that I use in the Dining Room a bit differently this year.

I started with this white snowy like garland that I bought at Target last year on Clearance after Christmas......
And I added a bunch of these pink sparkly floral picks from Big Lots all over the Tree.....
I kept the same bow made from 2 different ribbons from other years but added streamers in a pink sparkly ribbon......
 I used ornaments in White and Pink and a touch of Victorian.......
  I used only the small warm white LED lights on this Tree instead of the addition of the white and pink rose ones that I used other years.....
 When I change this tree over to a Valentine Tree , I will use the rose lights again......
  I added a white tree skirt underneath the Tree instead of a sage green one that I used in the past......
  So here is the Tree all finished....... 

Tree # 5
 Sorry but this is a small room and hard to get a picture of the whole tree without almost laying on the floor!!
 Okay, now that I put that mental picture of me taking these pictures on the floor in your mind, STOP LAUGHING!!!!

A view from the side........
 A closer look......
  2 special ornaments for this Tree.....

 My Dad holding my oldest son, Joey...
 And holding my youngest son, Jim.....
 I am happy with how this Tree came out this year......
 Hanging on the room divider by the Tree.......
The antique smoking table next to the Tree......
You will see that I have used a lot of Gold and Pink Sparkly things to decorate this room this year......
 I filled a vintage crystal bowl with ornaments and berries.......
This Santa was bought at Salvation Army several years ago for a mere $5.00!!!!!
A few candle holders.....
Under the table, I created a shelf by placing a gold charger plate on the framework of the table......
I placed a white feather tree surrounded by sparkly ornaments and berries.....
I hung this pretty angel ornament on the top of the feather tree......
On the other side of the Tree is a marble topped plant stand  that a handmade Santa sits on......
I bought this at a Craft Fair a long time ago.....
Don't you just love the rose embossed velvet????

Looking at the Tree from the Kitchen.......
Looking toward the Kitchen......
 An old Home Interiors Picture titled "May I Play?"
 Bows made out of pink sparkly ribbon on the sconces.....
A few pink ornaments added to this shelf......
In the corner......
On top of the curio......
Another bow made out of that same pink sparkly ribbon......
My "Sitting" Santa is sitting on the corner of the curio this year......
On a shelf next to the curio......
Other years, I displayed this white and gold Santa in the Living Room
I have another one over on the other side of the room.....
The Funeral basket that I decorate for every Holiday is on the side of the curio......
It is filled with pink, white and gold florals.....
Another pink sparkly bow!!
 Some pink ornaments and old snowflakes......
My JOY rock and a pretty white bird.....
Looking at the Pass Through between the Kitchen and the Dining Room where I created a fake window by hanging curtains and a piece of stained glass.......
I simply hung a pink Christmas wreath that I made below a floral swag that is there all the time!
And now to the curio....
I was not going to change out everything in it so I simply added some beads,poinsettia napkin rings and a few ornaments to make it look a bit Christmasy!!
And to the bottom part of it......
And last for this half of the Dining Room, is the cabinet next to the curio.....
 I placed another Santa , bought at a flea market, on top of my Melodium........
 I love the " Father Christmas " look of this Santa.....
  On each side of the melodium is a Thomas Kinkade Pink Lady
 And a Dept. 56 Snow Baby....
 So that what this corner of the room looks like.....

But before I close for this post, I wanted to show you the shelf above the door way into the Kitchen.....
 I added cute gold candle rings that I bought on clearance last year to these glasses........
Click HERE to read my post on the other side of my Dining Room decorated in Pink, Gold and White for Christmas, Part 7 of Our Christmas Home Tour........


A Debbie-Dabble Christmas



I am linking up to these parties:
 Christmas Homemaking Hop
Christmas in the Country Holiday Link Party 
Creating Christmas - Vintage Christmas

 FRIDAY
 Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
 Show and Tell Friday
Friday Favorites
   Flaunt It Fridays
  What To Do Weekends
 Anything Goes Linky Party
Anything Blue  Fridays
Friday's Five Features Party 
Fabulous Fridays 

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday
Say G' Day Saturday 
Friday Features Linky Party
Welcome to the Weekend Blog Hop

SUNDAY
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
Sunday Brunch Party
 Snickerdoodle Sunday

MONDAY
 Busy Monday
Mod Vintage Mix Monday
 Make It Pretty Monday
 Monday Link Party 


Fluster's Creative Muster Wednesday's
 Wow Us Wednesday
 Sizzle into Summer Party
What's It Wednesday
 Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop 
Wake Up Wednesdays 
  Before and After Party

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
  Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
Share Your Cup Thursday
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Grace at Home Party
 
Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie



19 comments:

  1. I love this pink room, it is very Victorian, as you mentioned, a period I admire. The treasures in the lighted cabinet are all pretty, and your trees are sensational. This room would be a perfect setting for a Christmas party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you already knew that this would be my favorite room...lol! Is your sitting Santa new? I don't remember seeing him before. I love his dangly legs. The weather here has been gorgeous and will continue thru next week from what I read. Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does look VERY Victorian, Debbie. You did a LOT of work in this room and it shows. Wow! I told Penny that I think the two of you are in a competition. lol Only hers is all white and pastel and yours are the deeper, richer colors. Love it- what fun- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this pink themed room! Some of the first decorations I bought as an adult were in this theme, I love the Victorian ornaments. :) The crystal glass bowl full of ornaments is so pretty, love the sparkle. Great room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, Debbie! My favorite room. . .my favorite color combination. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my very favourite room in your lovely home, Debbie!
    Thanks so much for sharing all the pinks, golds and whites... I really love the beautiful Santas in the room too!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything is just gorgeous. Love the theme of pink and gold. Such sweet ornaments of your Dad holding your sons when they were younger. Such treasures.

    PS. I totally understand laying on the floor to get the perfect shot for the blog. Christmas hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great tree!! I LOVE the use of pink in it. Thanks for linking up to this week's Feature Friday Link Party!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favourite is the pink room...so pretty and romantic! The pink tree is just gorgeous. Your home is like a fairytale.
    Kisses
    Alessadra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tree Debbie, love the pink on your tree, I never though of having pink on and I love yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh My Debbie, first thank you for sharing this week on Oh My Heartsie Girl, its always a pleasure!!! I love the pink tree, oh goodness oh my, it is wonderful!!! You must spend everyday decorating somewhere in your house to keep up. I wish I had my miniature trees decorated. I love scoping out the whole picture because there is always something I miss. Have a great day!!!*Happy Holidays*
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Debbie!

    Daughter Caro and i are looking at this together---she upstairs at her computer and I downstairs at mine, and we're burning up the texts admiring all these riches. Oh, My. I'm a PINK person all the way, and this is like waking to every goodie in Santa's bag---pearls and pink and gold and angels and ornaments past imagining.

    And I long for that beaded valance on the stained-glass "window" with all the hopes of my girly-girl heart.

    Caro has all our decorations for every holiday in an extra-wide closet upstairs, in about eight HUGE lugs, and we marvel at where you must put it all when seasons change. Our house is crammed to the gills, and I'd love to see the caretaking with which you wrap and put away all those glorious goodies.

    Thank you for frosting this icy morning with such swaths of delightful, warming, heart-filling PINK---we just LOVE visiting your house!

    rachel

    ReplyDelete
  13. This room is awesome. You get tired of me repeating myself don't you? lol Love the detail and how you bring so much together in a way that works so well.
    Hope your knee isn't troubling you more than usual and that you are getting some sleep!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. And the Oscar for Christmas decorating goes to.....Debbie-Dabble!
    Oh my word, after reading your comment on my post of my tree's life expectancy and how you care for, light and decorate all of yours, I am exhausted! I spend 40 hrs on my entire home, and you spend 40 hrs in one room AND work full-time. I think there is something special in the composition of a nurse that allows you to never require sleep. Kudos to you - you definitely wear the Christmas crown!

    ReplyDelete

  15. What spectacular Christmas decorations!!
    I love the whole Victorian theme in pink. I'm a Hanukkah girl, but if I had a Christmas tree, I'd want it to be this one!
    Have a wonderful Christmas,
    Randee

    ReplyDelete
  16. i do love that pink santa the rose velvet is so formal, he looks like hes going some where special not just around the world on a sleigh.
    pink and silver is so pretty isnt it. no way would my sons or husband let me do that :) my toddler did pick some new pink balls this year so we do have a few new pink things :)
    thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  17. The pink is beautiful for Christmas Debbie! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home and have a very Merry Christmas!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is fabulous! I love it. Pinned and tweeted. Thanks for being a part of our party! I hope you stop by on Monday at 7 pm. We love to party with you. Merry Christmas! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Debbie, your home is always beautiful! Love the Christmas decor in your dining room - exquisite! I will be featuring your post in this week's Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails