I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Thursday, November 27, 2014

The Outside of Our Home, Christmas Home Tour 2014, Part 1


  Welcome to Part 1 of Our Christmas Home Tour, The Outside of Our Home!!!

 First,I want to Thank Jann, over at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olsen, for featuring my post, Sled and Outside Florals Re-Do!, from last week's Share your Cup Thursday Party!
Thanks so much , Jann!!

Please stop by and visit and link up to this great party!!

Now back to the Tour.......
The front of our home is pretty much decorated the way it has been for several years but I have added some things, changed some things and re- did a few things........

As you walk up the 13 steps from our parking lot to our row of townhouses, this is what you see......
  Looking up from the Parking Lot......
 I have had those large wreaths for years.........
 I have changed up the ribbon bows a bit and added shatterproof balls to them over the years.....
The slate you see hanging on the back of the park bench was bought at Salvation Army for $5.00, brand new and still in original packing!
And now back to the Front Porch......
As you walk on to the Front Porch, this is to the left.......
 Remember I live in a row of 10 townhouses and my neighbor's Porch and mine are connected.......

Again, I have used faux and real greenery cut from Trees on the side of our road to fill some pots and this urn......
The Happy Holidays sign was once hung above the front door but is now displayed here.....
There is a flameless candle on a timer in this lantern that I bought at a church flea market in the Summer.
The pine cone ornament on the Lantern is from Dollar Tree.....
I did a new floral arrangement in this tin stocking for this year......
And I gave the"Let It Snow" sign that this cute penguin is holding a fresh coat of red spray paint.....
I have had the garland around the door and railing for years but this will be it's last season as it has seen better days........
I will be buying new garland on Clearance this season for next year......
I bought the "Welcome to Our Porch" sign over the Summer....
I made the wreath on the Front Door many years ago .......
Looking at the Porch......
The wooden reindeer on the side of the sled was made by my oldest son in Cub Scouts many years ago.....
The Weeping Mortar on the front of the house allows me to hang things on it ......
The chair is left out on the Porch because that is where Joe smokes......
I re-did all these floral arrangements this year.......
My youngest son made this sled in Cub Scouts also many years ago......
This is my childhood sled and it has graced my porch for over 25 years.....
This wreath not only has lights on it but at night, a spot light shines on it.....
In the corner of the porch sits a Santa Birdhouse and a chippy angel.....
 I left the lantern lights on this tree in the corner of the porch that is here year round, added another set of lights and just added a bow on top.....
 The bells on the railing are from Dollar Tree.....
So are the large Snow Flakes.....
There are lights on the garland and net lights on the entire railing.....
Again, I filled the pots with real and faux greenery....
The flower bed under the Living Room window....
New this year is the sled leaning up against the window.....
I spray painted it this year......
If you want to read about this make over, please click HERE......
I placed these lighted Trees in the urns....
The flower bed in front of the house....
My park bench......
Again, faux and real greenery in this pot by my decorative Mailbox.....
Decorated with a simple bow and pine cone ornament....
A new Christmas flag bought on Clearance last year....
So that's what the front of our home looks like for this Christmas Season .....

And this post was supposed to end here.........

BUT.......

Snow changes EVERYTHING...........

On November 26th, we ended up with a total of 7 inches of Snow from the Nor'Easter that hit the East Coast

These photos were taken as the snow started to fall.....
 And by the afternoon.....
  The snow on the shrubs makes the Angel look like it's got larger wings!!
 Looks a LOT more like Christmas with a bit of SNOW, doesn't it?????
 To see  All Lit Up at Night and SNOW!!, Christmas Home Tour, Part 2, where I shared how the Front of Our Home looked with 7 inches of Snow and all lit up at night with all that snow, please click HERE
 
A Debbie-Dabble Christmas


I am linking up to these parties:

Creating Christmas - Vintage Christmas
 Christmas Homemaking Hop
Christmas Linky Party
 Christmas in the Country Holiday Link Party

 FRIDAY
 Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
 Show and Tell Friday
Friday Favorites
   Flaunt It Fridays
  What To Do Weekends
 Anything Goes Linky Party
Anything Blue  Fridays
Friday's Five Features Party 
Fabulous Fridays 

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday
Say G' Day Saturday 
Friday Features Linky Party
Welcome to the Weekend Blog Hop

SUNDAY
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
Sunday Brunch Party
 Snickerdoodle Sunday
Sunday's Best Partay! -monthly

MONDAY
 Busy Monday
Mod Vintage Mix Monday
 Make It Pretty Monday
 Monday Link Party 
Blue Monday

Fluster's Creative Muster Wednesday's
 Wow Us Wednesday
 Sizzle into Summer Party
What's It Wednesday
 Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop 
Wake Up Wednesdays 
  Before and After Party

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
  Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
Share Your Cup Thursday
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Grace at Home Party
 
Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie




35 comments:

  1. The front of your home always looks so magical...and lit up at night....with snow....can't wait to see it! Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the front porch - must have been a really wet snow. Happy Thanksgiving - stay safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The front porch looks fabulous! I love every single decor and i like all the red touches.
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. The front porch looks fabulous! I love every single decor and i like all the red touches.
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Debbie. So festive! So colorful and pretty! Great job. You really make your home a showpiece!

    Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. What I love the most is the lighted lamp post, which suggests your home is at the border of Narnia. You did a beautiful job of decorating and the snow adds an extra grace note.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how wonderful it all looks outside the front of your home, Debbie!
    I love it all- the reds and greens, all the lights and that lighted lamp is excellent, magical.
    The snow LOOKS lovely, makes everything look really pretty, but I have to admit that I'd rather see it in photos than in reality. Yes, I'm a pathetic wuss with cold weather.
    Hope you had a lovely thanksgiving over there!
    Hugs
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm just swooning over the brick on your townhouse. What a beautiful building.
    and I really like the lanterns you have sprinkled into your Christmas decor. Such a festive arrangement!
    That penguin is too cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have things decorated so pretty.
    The snow pics are great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. p.s. on Friday evening....Thanks for your visit and comment, Debbie. Loved that you stopped by. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow amazing! I love your wreaths!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  12. The front of your house is stunning, I can't wait to see more.
    Thanks for stopping by in Normandy, have a great week!
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Debbie - Everything looks so wonderful. So many beautiful details. Your neighbors must love how much effort and time you put into making your home so festive. The fresh snow adds a pretty touch too. You and I both have certainly experienced an early November winter! Christmas hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh what a dream to be in the snow for Christmas. I would love to try it one Year here in So Ca. We would have to go to the Mountains though and now that all the girls are busy with family and in-laws have it be fitted in,I can't see doing it now.So fun to be back at Your Christmas blog.I'm so happy Christmas season is here.Of course I love the outside of Your home and will be with Your tour till the end.I love the dark red metal envelope,I'll keep My eyes open to see if I can find one.I'm also a customer of the Dollar Tree. Be back to visit often OX Denise

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful decorations Debbie ...
    I don't know how you do all that. Everything looks so perfect. I know it is a lot of work and we can see that you enjoy it. Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks for stopping by Timeless Treasures with a nice comment on my tray.
    Hugs, Audrey.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Debbie! Wow! Several comments and questions about your wonderful holiday transformation out front come to mind that you could probably do an entire post on sometime (please do!). 1) Love the 'weeping' mortar (I've never heard that term, but oh, how convenient that must be. I bought some of those clips that are supposed to allow one to hang things on brick, but my mortar is too flush, and I can't use them). 2) I love the vignette in front of your LR window the best! 3) I still think the garland over the door looks great, but maybe you can re-use the pieces in other, future arrangements. 4) 12 trees in 2012??? 5) Where do you store all your decor, as I know you had tons for Fall & Halloween also?! 6) the snow is beautiful, esp. as it fell, but I am NOT envious, lol. 6) Can't wait to see the rest of your Christmas decor. It's also my fave time of year, and it takes me a good 40 hrs to decorate. Yours must take twice that, right?
    xo
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww everything is so beautiful, I can not wait to put our tree up tomorrow :)

    Thanks for stopping by and sharing at the blog hop..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet Debbie, your house is gorgeous! Absolutely beautiful! Everything you did out there is perfect. The snow was a pain in a lot of ways for you all, but it certainly makes the house with all the beautiful holiday decorations look like a Winter Wonder Land. It is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's all beautiful, Debbie! I can't believe you were lucky to get snow too. :) I bet your neighbors drive by in awe!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful as always Debbie and thanks for sharing with us over at the Southern Special.
    Dawn
    Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
  21. Debbie your front porch is AMAZING!!! I absolutely LOVE everything-and the snow just adds that 'extra' Winter Wonderland touch! Thank you for the inspiration-and for sharing on The Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Snow what fun!! Visiting from the party at The Dedicated House.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, the outside is just breathtaking! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. visiting from the Southern Special.

    This is so lovely! the greens and reds just pop with the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  25. It looked lovely before Debbie but, with the snow it is even prettier!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh wow....to think that you got the snow to cooperate with you for those snowy pictures (we can never resist snow covered Christmas lights!!) We can't believe all of your decorations ~ amazing!! and to think that we don't have ours out yet ~ lol!! you have inspired us to get going this week ~ i think we needed a push...maybe a shove :) Merry Christmas to ya!!
    Karla & karrie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Everything looks beautiful Debbie! I know my boys would love to drive by your home. Thanx for coming and joining THT. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Christmas has sure arrived in your home. This is truly magical.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  29. Debbie, you are the queen of Christmas decor! :) Spectacular! Your home looks so beautiful! Have a great weekend! Maria

    ReplyDelete
  30. everything looks so wonderful my friend. Christmas spirit shines . Big hugs and thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop ♥

    ReplyDelete
  31. The outside of your home looks so pretty and so festive, especially with the freshly fallen snow. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy Holidays, dear Debbie! I simply gasped at the very first photo at the top if this post -- it was SOOOOOOOOO beautiful, with the snow falling and the lights, oh my! I swear to goodness, Hallmark should buy that photo from you for a greeting card, it is PERFECT! I always have such fun coming here and seeing what you've been up to. This year, I think you've outdone yourself decor wise, everything is so lovely, and looking at your photos of your surroundings makes me feel happy, snuggly and warm during this cold dark time of the year. I wish you and your family a wonderful and blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh, Debbie, you're such an inspiration! I love the way you never tire of making your home a magical place for Christmas.

    Thank you so much for joining Grace at Home. I'm featuring you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Congrats you are one of my features for Fabulous Friday Party
    Thanks Maria
    http://www.simplenaturedecorblog.com/fabulous-friday-party-happy-new-year/

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails