I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Friday, November 14, 2014

Sled and Outside Floral Re-Do's!!

Hello, all my Bloggy Friends!!

Yes, I am back to Blogging and have started to do my Holiday Season posts over here on my Christmas Blog!!

So if you are new to A Debbie-Dabble Christmas.....

WELCOME!!!!

If you missed my post , A Different Debbie-Dabble, about my return to blogging after a break and the changes that I will be making,  please click HERE

If you missed my post about my new Mercury Glass Trees, please click HERE
Aren't they pretty?????

For today, I want to show you a few Re- Do's.....


I am going to start with this Sled...........
 It was given to me by a co worker and was in some pretty rough shape but 2 years ago, I cleaned it up and stuck it up in our Guest Room........
Now I do know that some of you may like the rough shape it is in but the color did not appeal to me......
So when Joe brought it and all the other outside Christmas decorations up from our Storage Shed that we rent , I got out some spray paint that I already had and decided that , since it was in the 60's that day, I would do a quick paint Re- Do!!!

Here is what it looks like now..........
Looking a bit different, don't you think??????
I used red spray paint on the runners, steering mechanism and on the outside pieces of wood.......
And then used an almond color for the body......

And added a bit of greenery and a nice Jingle Bell......
So where actually did I put this "new" sled???????

I have to admit that I was stumped as to where I would display it outside but it was Joe that said, "Why not lean it up againgst the Living Room window?"
I loved that idea!!!!
Yes, we have the front of the house all decorated for Christmas because we took advantage of the temps. in the high 50's and 60's that we had last weekend........
So that is one Re-Do!!
From this........
To this..........
Now many of you may remember that for the past 25 + years, I have displayed my childhood Sled on our Front Porch for the Christmas and Winter seasons......

This is what it looked like last year......
The greenery was looking a bit worse for wear after last year's rough Winter here in NEPA......

I decided to freshen it up a bit with some new greenery that I bought on Clearance after Christmas last year.....
 I kept the Burlap Ribbon Bow that I made a long time ago......
 I doubt if I ever will re- paint the Sled because it holds wonderful memories for me.......
  I do think the new greenery looks much better......
 I also always hang this little wooden sleigh that my youngest son , Jim, made in Cub Scouts, many years ago.......
This is how it looks after a little Re-Do!!
 Same thing with this pocket planter.....

Before....
After.....
 And this tin stocking definitely needed a Re-Do after last Winter.....

Before.....
After......
 And I added just a few small touches to my decorative Mail Box.....
 And I thought the "Let It Snow" sign that this Penguin was holding looked like it had seen better days.....
  So I grabbed the can of red spray paint and freshened it up a bit.......
 So those are a few Re -Do's that I did updating my outside Christmas Decorations for this year.....
 I did some decorating upstairs already before I fell....
 And in the Dining Room.....
 My knee, which I landed on when I tripped up our outside steps, is feeling better and I can finally walk on it........

Thanks to all who stopped by and wished me well!!

It was greatly appreciated!!

My Christmas Home Tour will start the week of Thanksgiving with my first post in the Tour being the Outside of Our Home so I hope you will be back to visit again!!

A Debbie-Dabble Christmas

I am linking up to these parties:

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday
Say G' Day Saturday 
Friday Features Linky Party
Welcome to the Weekend Blog Hop

SUNDAY
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
Sunday Brunch Party
 Snickerdoodle Sunday
Sunday's Best Partay! -monthly

MONDAY
 Busy Monday
Mod Vintage Mix Monday
 Make It Pretty Monday
 Monday Link Party 
Blue Monday

Fluster's Creative Muster Wednesday's
 Wow Us Wednesday
 Sizzle into Summer Party
What's It Wednesday
 Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop 
Wake Up Wednesdays 
  Before and After Party

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
  Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
Share Your Cup Thursday
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Grace at Home Party
 
 FRIDAY
 Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
 Show and Tell Friday
Friday Favorites
   Flaunt It Fridays
  What To Do Weekends
 Anything Goes Linky Party
Anything Blue  Fridays
Friday's Five Features Party 
Fabulous Fridays 

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie



40 comments:

  1. I love the red touches that you have added to your sleighs...what really caught my eye was the addition of all the beautiful pine cones to your arrangements! The garland on the fireplace is just gorgeous! I tried my hand at making one for my fireplace this year...couldn't find any white garland to attach all the ornaments to , so I sprayed some green garland that I already had! Spray paint!!!what would we do without it! Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your redos are magnificent! Wow! The natural elements, the burlap, the pinecones, the greenery, all were wonderful additons. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, I just love the sled and the makeover! I found a vintage sled last week and am kicking myself now for not buying it --ugh! Love the Steelers tree too -- we have family in the Burg! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the redo of your sled, it's good to reuse items in different ways at times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie I absolutely love your sleds! I've been on the hunt for old sleds without success. Jealous over here in Canada! LOL
    Have a great weekend.
    Marie@The Interior Frugalista

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the redo of your sled and i like very much the red touches o f your decors. I' m very encanthed!
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the re-do's. I would love any of the sled ideas! We've wanted one for a long time! I enjoyed your post. I'm looking forward to the tour. My linky is up featuring any Holiday posts so come over and link!
    Have a great weekend.
    Oh btw glad your back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sleighs are darling. I like the one propped up outside the window. Christmas is on its way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie, I am so sorry to hear about your fall and I hope you are steadily improving and will have no lasting ill effects from the fall. I love all the decorations. The new paint job on one is great and I adore your childhood sled and how you have it so beautifully decorated. How sweet is the one that your son made in Cub Scouts! Everything is perfect. By the way, I am so glad that Mercury glass is being used again. It always reminds me of the Hollywood era because it is so glamorous and those lighted Mercury glass trees are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your re-dos! The sleds are gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing more Christmas from you.

    Hugs, Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the sled...just gorgeous.....don't like my chances of ever finding one as I have never even seen snow lol. Love your home ...very Christmassy. HPS Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wowsers, Debbie. You have started decorating in earnest. Everything looks so cheerful and festive!

    I've started a little, but just on my dollhouse! Ha!

    Take care and by the way, nice job on the sled re-do projects! They look splendid. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're so creative Debbie. Just wanna say WOW!


    faithfully,
    Richard D.
    Christmas Games

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice sled re-dos Debbie! It's fun to freshen up Christmas items. I've decorated inside our house except for the tree which I do the weekend before Thanksgiving. Love these two big holidays! Everything looks beautiful. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love what you did to the sled...love them both! You're way ahead of me with your decorating. Beautiful all around.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The redo's look great. Glad to read you are on the mend. You were smart to get to the outside before the weather turns. With everything you have to do there is no way to wait until after Thanksgiving to decorate. I have a surprise project that I started on in the patio house, and Christmas comes early to my craft room/office. I'm snug in my craft room today waiting movies and getting some small projects finished up. Angels to you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Debbie! I'm so sorry to hear about your knee but glad you're finally able to get around on it! I love all of your Christmas redos and the sleds! The folks we bought our new/old house from left a sled similar to yours in the garage and I was just thrilled. You've given me some ideas as to how to deck it out for Christmas! You are so ahead of us on Christmasing!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the re do of your sleigh and under the window is a good place to display it.
    Love your cheery decorations and that white garland with the pretty color bulbs.
    I knew I should have done the same and decorated while the weather was decent last week. I know your glad you did.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Christmas and I love this post! Your house looks like it's decorated beautifully, love those sleds.
    I look forward to your upcoming posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Debbie, everything looks so pretty and it's wonderful you were able to get a little ahead. Thank you for sharing with Share It One More Time. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, your decorations are amazing, I love the fact that you've upcycled all the sleds to use as part of your decorations. Popping in from Creative Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful holiday touches and I am loving the sleighs!! They look wonderful....

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh wow, i love your make over, it looks amazing. Loving everything here too .. thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the sled! Saw it on Make It Pretty Monday. I have one that we be decorated for Christmas at the cottage!

    http://theapplestreetcottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Too funny! I just asked my husband to bring the sled in from the rafters in the garage! I hadn't thought about using the ice skates until I saw your before....and another funny...I have the exact red tin Merry Christmas hanger....hmmmm...when I decorate it I will send you a photo. The photos on your blog are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi, Love your pictures and what you did with your sleds and decor. We have taken old wood and built sleds with them - taken pine with lights wrapped around then and put them outside for decorations which looks really nice. This year we have also taken and made small sleds and painted REJOICE in it with some snowflakes transfers and giving it to a friend as a gift. Thanks for sharing your beautiful ideas. Visiting from Tuesdays with a Twist. Have a wonderful Christmas and holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  27. i love the "new" sled, and would love to do something like this. problem is, i don't trust it staying put! i live on a corner and there are lots of young people (whom i refer to as hoodlums) and i think they have no respect for people's property. so i will just have to enjoy yours, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  28. beautiful! I always wanted a sled to decorate my front door. I love the look! Thanks so much for linking!
    Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  29. danke für die inspirationen und einen schönen abend wünscht angie aus deutschland

    ReplyDelete
  30. You're creating a beautiful holiday home once again, Debbie! Your neighbors must love being in the same neighborhood as you--what joy you spread!! My very favorite of all these decorations is your childhood sled. Looks great with its new do!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Debbie, things do need a redo now and then when they've been outdoors. I love your sleds! The one from your childhood is so precious! All of the floral arrangements look great! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello gorgeous! Everything looks beautiful! Pinned and tweeted. I hope to see on Monday at 7 pm. We love to party with you! Happy Saturday~Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  33. Debbie, I love your sleds all decorated for the season, so pretty. You always do such fabulous decorating!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love all the inspiration for decorating sleds as I have two sitting in my garage waiting for Christmas. Thank you for sharing at the Southern Special and please join us again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love this Debbie, Pinned and featured this week at Creative Mondays...

    ReplyDelete
  36. Glad your knee is getting better, i so look forward to the tour!
    Thanks for linking with us for Sunday Brunch xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. You have been a busy bee!!! Those sleds are absolutely darling! You must really love Christmas. I can't wait to see more

    ReplyDelete
  38. I will design Christmas Banner for $5-
    Blogs Banner - Facebook Banner - Twitter Banner - Christmas Logo Makeover,

    Order now -----> https://www.fiverr.com/s/6pbxml

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Debbie, just hopping by to let you know that I will be featuring you at SYC this week.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails