I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Saturday, December 6, 2014

An Old Fashioned Christmas in Half of the Living Room, Part 4 ,Christmas Home Tour 2014

 
 Welcome to Part 4 of Our Christmas Home Tour, An Old Fashioned Christmas in the Living Room.
 If you missed Part 1 of Our Christmas Home Tour, The Outside of our Home, Click HERE

If you missed Part 2 of Our Christmas Home Tour, The Outside All Lit Up at Night, Click HERE

If you missed Part 3 of Our Christmas Home Tour, Living Room Tree and Village, please click HERE


Today I am sharing HALF of our Living Room decorations with you.......

In my next post, Part 5, I will show you the other half......

We will start at the front door as you walk into our Townhouse.......
I have a "thing" with hanging plaques or ornaments in all kinds of places like on my curtain rods and above the front door on a pediment that I bought at a yard sale several years ago!!
  I made this one.......
  To the left of the front door is a marble plant stand.....
     I filled an apothecary jar with red, gold and green ornaments which is my Christmas color scheme for the Living Room......
I have a pretty candle ring around the base adorned with gold ornaments and some white and gold berries...
.A Bearington Bear sits on the bottom shelf , flanked by a large Nutcracker , with a Santa hanging on the corner of the plant stand.....
 On the wall above the plant stand, I changed out some of the pictures.....
 To the right of the front door is Joe's Grandmother's Hutch.....
I always place a cane in the corner by the door, symbolizing the closing scene of the movie Miracle on 34th Street where Kris Kringle leaves his cane in the corner of the house that is the little Susan's Dream House, which she asked Santa Claus for......
Next to the Hutch is a Christmas floral arrangement in a brass can.  There are Battery Operated  LED lighted Branches in the arrangement.......
On each side of the hutch , hangs a sconce and a shelf.....
A mica coated vintage style angel sits on the shelf....
I have taken everything out of the Hutch and decorated it for Christmas.....
There is greenery garland with gold snowflakes and battery operated LED lights on the vintage mirror above the hutch.....
The Living Room is decorated in Victorian Style with a theme similar to Charles Dickens " Christmas Carol"
Carolers from The Christmas Tree Shop are displayed on top of the hutch......
In previous years, I had sparkling gold churches here but I have moved them elsewhere and replaced them with 2 of a set of 4 Mercury Glass lighted trees that I bought at Sam's Club.

If you missed the post on the Mercury Glass Trees, please click HERE
The Trees are lit by remote control and add a bit more light to this area on top of the hutch.....
To give the Trees more height, I placed them on pretty gift boxes bought last year on Clearance after Christmas at Big Lots.....
  A floral spray that I made and a gold star from Dollar Tree sits in the center area......
The Trees look really pretty when lit at night!!
The sconce and shelf on the other side of the hutch......
The inside of the Hutch has a Religious Theme.......
 On the top shelf inside the hutch is a Nativity set that I won in a raffle at our church several years ago.......
 A bevy of white and gold angels are displayed on the middle shelf......
 On the bottom shelf is the very first Nativity Set that I bought the year that we were married.  It is a Home Interiors set and is 36 years old.......Almost an antique!!
And that's what the inside of the hutch looks like......

On the right side of the hutch are the stairs.......
 Every year, I line the wall along the stairs with some of my collection of Santa's.......
 On the other side are gold nutcracker candles and a sweet bear..........
   These red boots belonged to a dear neighbor who is now in a nursing home because of Alzheimer's.  She decorated her home for Christmas as much as I do so I put some pretty florals in her boots and proudly have them for all to admire!!
Some of my Santa's......
Now other years, I always had lighted garland on the stair railing.......

                                                           2013                 
The simple truth of the matter is that as my right knee deteriorates and the closer I get to needing to have my Knee Replacement Surgery done, I need to hang on to this railing when going up and down the stairs.....

So I thought of another way to shine a little light in this area......
Yep, there is a tree on the chair!!!
Okay, I took one of the trees that I use for my Winter Decorations and placed it on top of the chair on a mirror round and thought, "Hey, that does not look too bad"......
I will get back to the Tree in a minute.....
Next to the chair is a little marble topped table.....
On top of this little table is a gold bottle brush tree, a cute bear nutcracker, a snow globe and a childhood treasure of mine......
The little Skater Girl was a present from my mother when she was in the Hospital after surgery when I was 8 years old. She bought it at the Hospitality Shop of the hospital......
She had been part of my Christmas decorations ever since......
 Back to the Tree on the chair!!

If you missed the post on our large Living Room Tree which is Tree #1, please click HERE

 This is Tree #2......
I thought about how I would decorate this Tree.

I still wanted that Victorian/Vintage look so I got out my collection of vintage glass ornaments and took out all the red, green and gold ones and used them to decorate this Tree......
Along with some gold snowflakes and stars bought on Clearance last year.......
I topped it off using the bow from the garland that I used on the stair railing other years.....
This Tree is decorated all the way around.....
Sitting on the chair at the base of the Tree are 2 of my Bearington Bears.....
 Underneath the chair......
 Next to the Tree is a Curio......
 On top of the Curio is a spray that I made.....
 Notice the red candle ornaments clipped to the spray.....
I have used these type of candle ornaments through out the Living Room and on the large Tree in the Living Room.....
Normally, I don't do anything with this curio for Christmas but after reading THIS POST over at my friend Penny's Blog, Penny's Vintage Home, I decided to add a bit of Christmas to this Curio......
 Penny is such an Inspiration when it comes to decorating ideas, please stop by and tell her I said so!!
 I added some Christmas greenery, florals and ornaments........
Just a few simple additions creating a pop of Christmas in this Curio!!

Thanks, Penny!!

On the side of the curio is a Gold Angel that rest on top of a Christmas box .......
 I made the Christmas Tussie Mussie.....
 And that concludes this post.......
To View the next post in our Christmas Home Tour, An Old Fashioned Christmas in the Other Half of the Living Room, Part 5 ,Christmas Home Tour 2014 , please click HERE
A Debbie-Dabble Christmas
I am linking up to these parties:

Creating Christmas - Vintage Christmas
Christmas Linky Party
 Christmas Homemaking Hop
Christmas in the Country Holiday Link Party

SUNDAY
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
Sunday Brunch Party
 Snickerdoodle Sunday
Sunday's Best Partay! -monthly

MONDAY
 Busy Monday
Mod Vintage Mix Monday
 Make It Pretty Monday
 Monday Link Party 


Fluster's Creative Muster Wednesday's
 Wow Us Wednesday
 Sizzle into Summer Party
What's It Wednesday
 Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop 
Wake Up Wednesdays 
  Before and After Party

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
  Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
Share Your Cup Thursday
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Grace at Home Party
 
 FRIDAY
 Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
 Show and Tell Friday
Friday Favorites
   Flaunt It Fridays
  What To Do Weekends
 Anything Goes Linky Party
Anything Blue  Fridays
Friday's Five Features Party 
Fabulous Fridays 

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday
Say G' Day Saturday 
Friday Features Linky Party
Welcome to the Weekend Blog Hop

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie


23 comments:

  1. So pretty and so much fun for all of Us.I still don't understand how You find the strength,unless You are a lot younger than Me-I'm 62.So many of Your decorations bring back memories of my own I have owned over the Years but I have the older ones in storage as I continually down size.My husband just said as I was going through My storage deciding what I will use this Year...."Denise You are a hoarder of Christmas decorations".Well I know I am but it's only Christmas at least and it's all put away with order and it's clean too.So I really enjoy perusing Your Christmas home.I appreciate all the work and love that goes into it.Those red boots are a treasure for sure. hugs and blessings sent Your way-Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything but I was especially intrigued with how you decorated your stairs and I'm smitten with that girl skater from your mother. Those red boots are a special keepsake from your neighbor. Christmas hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a joy to see your home decorated for Christmas. I am amazed that you completely emptied the hutch and curio and filled them with Christmas delights- so very pretty. I love your nativities, the older one reminds me of one my mother had,wish I knew what happened to it. I am really enjoying your posts and looking forward to the rest of the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG sweet friend, your house looks like a beautiful Christmas Wonderland, like a fairy tale! My grandgirls would me amazed...and hey! I am too!!! Every piece and C'mas figurine and every vignette is exquisite. I love the Nativity you won. I am going to see it again. My house looks empty next to this beauty!
    Happy holiday season Debbie.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, my friend, you have outdone yourself this year....your home is gorgeous! The nativities have really caught my eye this year...and yours are so pretty, I didn't know that HI made nativities. Between ballet lessons for Ky....school programs....my booth...I am way behind this year! May not be able to get all the decorating done that I usually do...oh well...always next year...hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!! You should charge admission to view your home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! Popping back in for a 2nd turn around the room now that I have time to really look. The skater from your mom when you were 8 is so sweet. I am sure you feel her presence every time you set the skater out at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, Debbie! I especially love, love, love the nativities and angels. I'm so anxious to get my decorating started! (I know! It's only 2 weeks away!) Carl and I have been so busy with work and traveling, that we've not had the time, and he is one of those "last minute-let's go cut the tree down two days before Christmas" guys. . .oh well; I'll have to get my fix by looking at your lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful! I particularly like the set up on the stairs and the plant stand.

    -Tanya
    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie...everything is wonderful! Your home looks like a fairy tale. I can' t tell you which is my favourite...too much gorgeous things!
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww Debbie, I love everything in your home. So many beautiful Christmas things :)

    thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love looking at your decorations, Debbie. I especially like the Nativity sets and the Santas on the stairs, but everything is so festive. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have outdone yourself especially with a bad knee. Thank you for sharing your beautiful home with us at The Southern Special.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So festive Debbie ! Love the idea of a tree on a chair ! Love the hutch with the nativities !

    ReplyDelete
  15. love those carollers i dont think i've seen anything like them before i'd love some carollers.
    Those boots! they are gorgeous i'm sure your neighbour would be so happy they have gone to someone who loves them like she did :)
    Thanks for sharing with us for Sunday Brunch xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another very pretty room! I love the Nativity themed hutch, all of your Nativity and angel figures are so beautiful, what a great way to display them!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything is beautiful, love the sweet dressed teddy's and the red boots :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello my over the top friend! Christmas just isn't Christmas without a visit to your home. Everything looks amazing. It looks like a full time job. I love it. Hope you and hubby are well. Sending you Christmas Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful collection of Santas you have! Your home is a Christmas wonderland and it is so obviously your holiday. Thanks for sharing this tour with us.

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have so many lovely things, and you must enjoy it all so much. Thank you for sharing your treasures with us.

    Happy Pink Saturday, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Debbie, What a beautiful display of Christmas decorations! They are all so lovely. Thank you for sharing them with us at "What to do Weekends"!
    Theresa @ Shoestring Elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your beautiful posts! So inspirational! How in the world do you dust everything? Hope you have a lovely Christmas!

    Merry Christmas and HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
    Blessings,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  23. The ornaments look beautiful, Deb. Your home always looks lovely every Christmas. I'm sure you enjoy making your house look so festive. I can feel your excitement for the upcoming holiday season, just by looking at the lovely photos of your home. Anyway, thanks for sharing that! All the best! :)

    Willard Evans @ Wow Homes

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails