I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Colorful Christmas in The Guest Bedroom, Part 11, Our Christmas Home Tour 2014

Welcome to Part 11 of Our Christmas Home Tour, Colorful Christmas in the Guest Room!!
I want to first Thank Dee M over at Meatloaf and Melodrama for featuring my post,
Pink, White and Gold Dining Room Part 6, our Christmas Home Tour, from last week's Snickerdoodle Sunday Party!!
Thanks so much , Dee M!!

I also want to Thank Bel,over at Mums Take Five, for giving me this wonderful Shout Out in her post from this week's Sunday Brunch Party!

 "As its the last before Christmas i have to share Debbie house!  Have you had a look ?  This superdecorater, supercrafter, supergiver, lovely lady is just so amazing with her home decorating.  You know she has a separate blog for her Christmas decorating!!   You have to have a look at her lovely house, i am sharing the Pink,White & Gold Dining and the Living Room Tree and Christmas Village because they are my favourites this year, but you can see all the other links from there."

Thanks so very much, Bel for these kind words!!!
 Please take some time to visit and link up to these great parties!!
 
  If you missed Part 1 of Our Christmas Home Tour, The Outside of our Home, Click HERE

  If you missed Part 2 of Our Christmas Home Tour, The Outside All Lit Up at Night, Click HERE

If you missed Part 3 of Our Christmas Home Tour, Living Room Tree and Village, please click HERE 

 If you missed Part 4 of Our Christmas Home Tour, An Old Fashioned Christmas in Half of the Living Room, please click HERE

 If you missed Part 5 of Our Christmas Home Tour, An Old Fashioned Christmas in the Other Half of the Living Room, please click HERE

If you missed Part 6 of Our Christmas Home Tour, A Pink,White and Gold Christmas in the Dining Room ( First Half) , please click HERE

 If you missed Part 7 of Our Christmas Home Tour, A Pink,White and Gold Christmas in the Dining Room ( the other Half) ,please click HERE

  If you missed Part 8 of Our Christmas Home Tour, "Sweet" Christmas Kitchen, Tree #8 and Hutch, please click HERE

If you missed Part 9 of Our Christmas Home Tour, "Sweet"  Christmas Kitchen ( the Other Half), please click HERE

 If you missed Part 10 of Our Christmas Home Tour, Blue Winter Wonderland in the Powder Room, please click HERE

Now back to the Guest Room..........
   This was the first room that I decorated back in October!!
   Won't you come in.....
First thing you see is the wreath on the door.......
I wired a white and a hot pink tinsel wreath together and then added a bow with the same ribbon that I used through out the room......
 Let's walk into the room.....

This is a small room........ only 8" x 10".
 This was my son Jim's room.....

Everyone now tells me it is the room for the daughter that I never had!!!!!
For those who are familiar with my regular blog, you know that I recently was able to take 3 curios from my neighbor's house that we watch since she is in a Nursing Home with Alzheimer's.

You can see the 3rd Curio in the corner...
It fit perfectly in this corner of the Guest Room.
It is filled with my Mother's yellow depression glass, some of my Angel collection and tea cups...
I will share more of this Curio in another post in the future.......
 Truth be told is that this room was still filled with unpacked boxes from our Remodel in September 2013 that I did not get to unpack!! 
 Moving the Curio in here made me go through everything and put the room back together.....
 Back to the Tree which is Tree # 10!!
This is a 6 foot Tree but I actually have it standing on a wood box elevating it higher......
  This Tree was the Patriotic Tree that was in my Living Room all Summer long......
  Most of the ornaments , topper and ribbons were bought on Clearance last year....
I first saw the colors in the striped ribbon and in a big box of ornaments and thought that they would look good on this white Tree in this room!!
The topper was bought at Target on Clearance and the bow is made from 3 different types of ribbon!
Many of the solid balls were bought in different stores last year.....

So was the beaded garland.......
I did have some of the figure ornaments that were used on the Tree that was in this room before....

There are also some vintage glass ornaments on this Tree in the matching color scheme.....
There a few Baby's First Christmas ornaments from when my son's were born....

The Tree Skirt I believe is hand made and came from a Flea Market....

The Putz house box was bought at Target and the skates are another Flea Market find.....

My (half) dress form which normally sits on my "mantle" is over by the curio along with a pretty angel that lights up.......


Over by the closet ,which is only used for storage, are 2 Dress Forms.
The one on the far left is Minerva who is usually in the Living Room and the other one which is wearing my Wedding Gown is always in this room.

And now we move over to my Fake Fireplace........
 I'll explain more about that in a minute.....
 This is a small room so it is very hard to get this whole wall in the picture.....
I treat the top of this odd piece of furniture like a mantle.....
You see by looking at the colors in the wall paper border why I decorated this room for Christmas in these colors!!

Do you see that I hung bright pink snowflakes on the decorative branches........
And I can see that my Victorian Lady on the right is leaning over!!
                                   Tree #11
                                     This battery operated LED Lighted Tree was bought at J.C. Penney's last year and was part of the Martha Stewart Collection......
 I used this tree for Valentine's Day, Easter and also as a Patriotic Tree so it is used year round!!!

And now, what is on the "Mantle".....
 I used a crystal pedestal cake plates  to elevate bottle brush trees also bought at Penney's last year....
 
 I bought several packs of the church ornaments in different colors on Clearance at Big Lot's  last year and painted them with some Snow Tex to give them the putz house look........
 I already had all the snowmen....
 This church was also bought at Target several years ago for a mere $5.00 at 75% off and I touched it up this year with Snow Tex!!


 You can see I did the same with the blue one.......
 The right side.......
And now to the garland.......

Last year, I picked up 2 pieces of white garland at Michaels for 80% off and paid a little over $4.00 for the 2 pieces of white garland!!
I put the 2 pieces together for a thicker look and added a whole bunch of Clearance sale ornaments.......
I made a bow for the center.....

And a Santa.....
The large bright pink ornaments on each end were also........ You guessed it.......Clearance buys!!
I had the candy canes already.....
So both Trees and the Garland all match....

This was a cabinet that I think might have been a Martini Bar.

 My MIL's neighbors were going to throw it out and when I looked at it, I immediately thought fake fireplace!!
It sat in storage for 5 years.......
The sides house shelves filled with my decorating magazine collections.....

Teddy Bear Tea......
And that concludes the Tour of my Guest Room

BUT

The Tour is still not over.......

In Part 12, I will share 2 more upstairs Trees....

  And the Outside of Nelson Crest, my Victorian Doll House decorated for Christmas.
 I did not get to decorate the inside of it..........

And the last part of Our Christmas Home Tour 2014 will be an Evening Tour ........

Where you will see these Trees that I just showed you today lit up at night with the rest of the house!!

I hope to see you again soon!!
A Debbie-Dabble Christmas


I am linking up to these parties:

 Christmas Homemaking Hop
Creating Christmas - Vintage Christmas

Fluster's Creative Muster Wednesday's
 Wow Us Wednesday
 Sizzle into Summer Party
Wake Up Wednesdays 

THURSDAY
  Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
  Home and Garden Party Thursday

 FRIDAY
 Simple and Sweet Fridays
 Show and Tell Friday
   Flaunt It Fridays

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday
Friday Features Linky Party
Welcome to the Weekend Blog Hop

 SUNDAY
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Share It One More Time Sundays
Sunday Brunch Party
 Snickerdoodle Sunday

MONDAY
 Busy Monday
Mod Vintage Mix Monday
 Make It Pretty Monday
 Monday Link Party 

TUESDAY
 Tuesdays At Our Home 
   The Southern Special 

After the Holidays....

WEDNESDAY
 What's It Wednesday
 Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop 
 Before and After Party

 THURSDAY
  Share Your Cup Thursday
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Grace at Home Party
 
FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Favorites
 What To Do Weekends
 Anything Goes Linky Party
Anything Blue  Fridays
 Friday's Five Features Party 
Fabulous Fridays 

 Say G' Day Saturday 

 DIY SHowcase 

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie




12 comments:

  1. You decorate beautifully Debbie! Thanks for sharing your home tour! Have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tree and mantel decoration. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, I don't know how you do this every year and work full time!!! You have boundless energy! Love all of the decorating...Yep you need a girl for sure!

    Merry Christmas
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Debbie your guest room is absolutely beautiful...
    Wishing and your love ones a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year :-)

    Smiles~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas! I love how festive and upbeat this room is. I'm coveting those garlands! Can't believe your 'fireplace' is smoke and mirrors. When I read fake fireplace I thought a little electric like mine. My jaw dropped when I read it was a martini bar!!!! The mantle is phenomenal. You would make an fabulous window dresser. How your holiday is lovely and that you are happy and feeling good - even your knee! Angles to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your guest room looks fairy. The tree is wonderful. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Dabbie! I love this room.
    It is so colourful!
    Your decorating/staging skills are just phenomenal!
    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love the white trees, sure does help the ornaments to shine! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Happy New Year and hoping it will be full of joy!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on being featured on Wake Up Wednesdays linky party! Check it out here- http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2014/12/wake-up-wednesday-linky-49.html and don't forget to grab the 'Featured Badge'.

    Happy New Year!

    -Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Pinned and tweeted. We appreciate you taking the time to stop by our party. We love partying with you! I hope to see you on Monday at 7 pm. Happy Saturday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all the colors. Thanks so much for linking!
    Xo
    Isabelle
    www.lechateaudesfleurs.com

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails