I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Gingerbread and Candy Christmas Kitchen, Christmas Home Tour, 2018

   Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!
Well, I am finally finished decorating!!

Things in Life happened this year and that just put me so much behind........

My son got married and the Rehab department where I worked for 36 years closed and reopened as an acute Medical Surgical unit in which I have not worked for the past 36 years.....

Talk about stress...... 

In this post, I will be sharing the Kitchen which is decorated in a Gingerbread and Candy theme for Christmas.....

But first, I want to Thank Lydia, over at Reviews, Chews and How To's, for featuring my post, Christmas in the Living Room, Part 2, from last week's Party in Your P.J.'s Link Party!!
Thanks so much, Lydia!!

Please stop by and link up to this great party!!

Since our Kitchen is painted red, it really is a pleasure to decorate it for Christmas......

For the past several years, I have decorated the Kitchen in a Candy and Gingerbread Theme for Christmas....

I have done the same this year and added a few new things.......

We will start with this wall in the Kitchen.....
Let's start on the left side......
I added a few Christmas touches to the shelf.......
Some greenery and a vintage Santa pepper shaker.....
Christmas Cappuccino boxes on top of a vintage style phone.....
Striped socks hung near the Kitchen Tree matching the bow on the Tree............
On the side of the Tree......
A country style chalkboard with a Santa's Sweet Shop cutting board resting on it and a Christmas card taped above it......
My Christmas Kitchen Tree in the corner near the hutch.....
Decorated with gingerbread and candy ornaments......
The Tree is topped off with a red and white striped ribbon bow and a candy pick.......
The Tree is one of those pathway trees in an urn which I placed in a vintage crock......
Let's take a closer look at the Tree......
 There is a set of Peppermint Candy lights on the Tree......
 I will let the pictures do the talking......
On the floor around the Tree......
A set of black children's skates with red shoelaces.......

A sweet Bear and a Nutcracker.........
The hutch.....
On top of the hutch are 2 Kitchen Santa's........
On the shelves of the hutch are gingerbread houses.......
Vintage Kitchenware......
Christmas cookie jars........
Christmas cupcakes dishes.......
Another "Cooking" Santa.......
  Vintage cookie cutters.......

A large candy cane hangs in the center.......
The desk area of the hutch......
Is decorated in a "Sweet Shop" theme.......

Apothecary jars filled with Christmas candy........
"Candy Canes 5 cents".....
"Santa's Sweet Shop" sign......

Assorted faux candy and desserts......
A cute hand painted Gingerbread tea light candle that I recently bought at a Craft Fair.....
A Gingerbread Man topper on a jar filled with Christmas candy.....
More cupcake dishes.....
It all is displayed on a green red and white plaid place mat......
Beneath the desk area.......
Galvanized bells hang from the knob on the drawer.......

A Mr. Christmas Globe rests on a vintage compote bowl.......
A black stand that I recently bought in Michael's to which I taped a cupcake Christmas card to......

A vintage style Christmas tin and ornaments hang from the knobs on the other drawers......
On the right side of the hutch.......
On the other shelf, again greenery, the vintage Santa salt shaker and a Santa mug were added .....
Underneath the chair rail is a Merry Christmas sign......
And a candy wreath that I bought at a Craft Fair.....
The shelf above the doorway into the Den.......
Christmas plates, peppermint candy garland and ornaments......
The stove area......
Hanging on the side of the cabinets.....
Christmas pot holders and oven mits.....
On the side of the stove.....
I am not a fan of Farmhouse decor but I do appreciate the red truck design.......

A red truck ornament and dish towel......
In the corner is a "New" to me Tree and Christmas dish towels...........
This Tree was rescued from my neighbor Elly's house and decorated with a few ornaments and battery operated lights......
It rests on a blue enamel pot turned upside down with a vintage Christmas napkin displayed on top of it.....

The Tree sits in a vintage red and white enamel pot and is topped off with a copper reindeer vintage cookie cutter!!!
So this is the 2nd Tree in the Kitchen.....
The stove area.....
"The Most Wonderful Time of the Year".....
More red truck ornaments hang above the stove......
Next to the stove on the counter......
This is where the Kitchen window used to be before we turned the patio into the Den......
I love to decorate this area for the different Seasons and Holidays......
I love to decorate this area for Christmas......

A swag hangs above the pass through....
I decorated the tea cup chandy that I made years ago for Christmas.....
A garland decorated with peppermint candy lights and candy ornaments hangs behind the chandy....
On the left side of the cabinets...
On the right side of the cabinets...
On the window shelf.....
I recently added these glass shutters from my neighbor Elly's house to this shelf.......
A ceramic "Cooking" Santa.....
A Gingerbread house bought at J.C. Penney's sits on a pedestal in the center of the shelf....
A set of "Cooking" Santa salt and pepper shakers bought at J.C. Penney's many years ago ......

This pretty Christmas Lady Doll Head vase was gifted to me by friend many years ago......
The copper Kitchen molds have hung in my Kitchen for decades......
Over on the other side of the counter......
In the corner......
Christmas ornaments and picks were added to a tea cup planter that sits here all the time....
My Hot Beverage Bar.......
I love hanging ornaments from the cabinet door handles!!
I bought the "Have a Cup of Cheer" sign at Dollar Tree this year....
The Lenox Christmas bowls hold sugar packs and creamers which I see I was out of when I took these photos!!
The Snowman tea pot holds regular sugar that can be poured into a cup if a guest chooses to...
Christmas coffee mugs hangs on a mug tree.....
In the corner by the refrigerator......
Flavored Tea's, hot cocoa and flavored coffee is stored in this chalkboard painted shelf.....

2 hand painted Gingerbread ornaments turned into magnets hang on the refrigerator.....
A Merry Christmas sign that I made hangs between more vintage copper molds....
The top of the refrigerator.....
A Chocolate Nutcracker and a Gingerbread house.......
A light up Candy house ....
A swag hangs above the door way to the Dining Room......
The counter bar area......
A garland decorated with gingerbread and candy ornaments hangs above the counter bar.......
A bow made from white ribbon with red candy canes on it hangs in the middle of the garland.......
On the counter bar.....
Red and white trees sit on top of red mercury glass candlesticks.....
Even the stained glass lamp on the counter blends in nicely with Christmas decor......
Instead of a table runner like I usually use on the counter bar, I recently bought this red, green and white plaid rug at Dollar General and I thought it would be perfect for the counter bar......
A hand made candy cane place mat that I bought at a Craft Fair is also on the counter bar.....
We usually have candy and other goodies in this vintage green depression glass bowl......

The other red and white striped tree........
On the side of the counter bar......

A gingerbread stocking that I won in a blog Giveaway many years ago......
I added some berry picks to my collection of vintage rolling pins and mashers......
 The lid to a Christmas tin hangs on the wall........

And that completes my tour of our Kitchen decorated for Christmas for this year.......

Up next on My Christmas Home Tour, will finally be the Sitting Room upstairs........
So I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

However, if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Hugs,
Debbie
  I am linking up to these parties:

All Things Christmas Linky Party

 Happy Holidays Link Up Party

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Grace at Home Party

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
   Flaunt It Fridays
  Sweet Inspirations Link Party

 SATURDAY
 Saturday Sparks
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
The Fabulous Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
Project Inspired Weekly Link Party
 Celebrate Your Story Monday Night Link Party! 
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase
Wow Us Wednesday

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

7 comments:

  1. Touring your kitchen is always such fun! Using crockery and an enamel pot to hold the trees looks great. Thanks for sharing your festive home! And I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      Thanks so much for your kind words!! I could not find another way to respond to your comment so I am doing so here! Merry Christmas!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. Wow! I cannot begin to imagine how long it takes you to get everything ready for Christmas! It looks amazing and I love how all the details go together and the tree is fantastic!!! Great job!!! No doubt Santa really feels at home when he drops by your place ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you live big in a small space. I have a little cottage myself. Your bold pictures and lack of fear in decorating are inspiring. I"m subscribing or following or whatever after i post this comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cocoa and coffee corner. Very festive and a place I would love to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the tree in the crock! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your red decors are very festive. I especially like your " hot drinks" corner
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails