I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Thursday, December 19, 2019

Christmas Front Porch and Yard, 2019

  Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!
I am so happy that you decided to stop by my Christmas Blog....

If you have been following along with my Christmas Home Tour, you know that we have finished up the tour of the inside of the house......

Today's post is a bit overdue as I have usually shared the outside of our house all decked out for Christmas way before this in past years but it seems like the weather was just not cooperating with me this year.....

But first, I want to Thank Richella, over at Imparting Grace, for featuring my post, Victorian Tree and Village, from last week's Grace at Home Link Party!!
Thanks so much, Richella!!

Please stop by and link up to this lovely party!!

When I was ready to take pictures about a week and a half ago, this happened!!!
 We got about 4-5 inches of snow and you could not see the decorations!!
 So I waited to take the pictures......

These I took on a day that we were having a bit of snow flurries.....
As many of you know, I live in a townhouse development and there are 13 steps to get up to my row of townhouses.....
These pictures were taken from the parking lot......
 This year, I decided to add a pair of ice skates to the sled that we fasten to the back of the park bench so you can see it when you are looking up at the house......
I bought this sled at a flea market and glued a wooden B that I had painted to it......
The skates are a children pair.....
As you walk up the steps and are on the sidewalk that runs in front of our row of townhouses.....
I made a few little changes this year.....
A topiary that I made out of a tomato cage sits in each black urn at each end of the porch....
I simply added a Dollar Tree snowflake to the front of it.....

On the porch......

I was going to pack away the lighthouse that I made out of clay pots in the Summer but it was too heavy to take down to our storage shed and I was afraid that it would break so I decided to leave it out.....
I tied a red velvet bow on it.....

I put a Christmas Elf on top of the milk can and added a sign that used to be in the Kitchen behind it.....
I added snowflakes and bows made out of a red striped burlap like ribbon to the garland around the door that will stay here for the remainder of the Winter.....
You may remember that I re-did the wreaths for the windows, taking off the red ornaments and adding them to this wreath on the front door.....
On the side of the door.....
Some of these decorations are very special to me.......
This wooden sled was made by my son Jim for me in Cub Scouts......
And this wooden deer was made for me by my son Joey in Cub Scouts.....
This sled is my childhood sled that I had many a snow day of fun on as a child!!!
It has graced our front porch for 40 years.....

I apologize for the jugs of Ice melt but you will see that they really need to be here a little further on in this post.....
 I bought the Snow sign in Gabes a few years ago.........
 And the Snowman came from Wegman's......
I also added a few more red ornaments to the wreath in the center of the house......
You can see the other wreaths that I re-did hanging on the upstairs windows.....
A tin pocket filled with greenery.....
I hung a set of bells that I had used in the Kitchen on this Tree that is out of the porch year round.....
A Happy Holidays sign hangs on a post.....
That a tin stocking hangs from.....
Yes, that is one of those Atomic Beam lights.....

The Christmas lights are set on a timer and go off about midnight but if someone walks close to our porch after that, the atomic beam light comes on and illuminates the entire porch!!!
More snowflakes and bows on the garland on the railing....
The other topiary in the urn at the other end of the porch.....
The flower bed under the Living Room window......
One of the wreaths that I re-did on the Living Room window......
The day before I took these photos we had a storm of freezing rain and sleet......
Can you see the ice on the shrubs???????
I had planned on adding greenery from the woods behind us to these pots but it got cold and the dirt froze so I would not be able to get the greenery into the pots.........
Do you see the ice dripping from the rim of the pots?????


The greenery in the urns are coated with ice......
In the front yard......
See the ice on my faux mail box??????
Ice coated greenery in this vintage watering can.....
Ice on the ground and deer......

My park bench......
An ice coated bird on the light post......

Icicles on the lantern.....
And bell.......
More ice......
The deer have greenery and bows around their necks.....
I had just finished taking these photos and downloading them on the computer and editing them when the Snow Squalls hit!!!!
Snow Squall alerts went off on our phones!!!!
Within about a half hour, we had about 1 and 1/2 inches of snow dumped on us!!!

I had to shovel the sidewalks!!!
There were accidents all over because of the white out conditions and my son got stuck on Interstate 81 for over an hour on his way home from work!!!!

I could not resist taking a few more pictures of what I call Mother Nature's flocked trees and garland!!!
Snow makes everything look just a bit more like Christmas, doesn't it?????
A few pics when the lights came on.....
I also want to share these pics that I took when we got that 4-5 inches of snow earlier in the month.....
Don't you just love how the snow on the shrubs look like my angel spread it's wings.....
 I am glad that I got to take these photos with the snow and ice because over the weekend and up until Christmas, we are supposed to experience a warm up with temps in the 40's so it may not be a white Christmas for us after all......

Sigh!!

I hope that you enjoyed seeing the front of our house decorated for Christmas with both snow and ice!!

But for me, it would not be Christmas without that snow and ice and the cold weather!!

We visited with our friend , Mary, today....

I set a simple tablescape as we ordered pizza and I served cookies and fudge that I had made.....
 My rose china.....
 And crystal goblets....
 Our friend Patty was supposed to come too but sadly, Patty's mother-in-law was struck and killed when crossing the street yesterday.....

How awful........

Please say a prayer for Patty and her family.....

This is me, Patty and Mary when they came to visit in the Fall.....
Mary was kind enough to gift me this sweet cookie jar which is perfect for my Kitchen, don't you think?????
Joe and I enjoy having our friends over for the Holidays and sharing our home with them....

Our friend, Mary, always tells us that "It just isn't Christmas without a visit to Joe and Debbie's house".....

We are thrilled when people say that......

In my next post, I will be sharing my other house, Nelson Crest......
My Victorian Doll House!!
So I hope  you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

I am linking up to these parties:

Christmas in July Blogger Link Party!! 

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
Friday Favorites
Home Matters Linky Party
Flaunt It Fridays
 Funtastic Friday
Farmhouse Friday

 SATURDAY
Saturday Sparks
Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Love Your Creativity Link Party
Busy Monday
Celebrate Your Story Link Party!!

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Waste Not Wednesday
A Gathering of Friends Link Party, every 2nd and 4th Tuesday

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Grace at Home Party


Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

9 comments:

  1. I think I love the elf on the milk can best. And your gorgeous wreath! Oh, that's a dazzler! Merriest of Christmases to you, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie,
    You really could open up your house for Christmas tours-- taking donations of food for a food bank or something! I knew someone who did that-- but I've never been able to go as it is far away.
    Liberty @ B4andAfters.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing vignettes! Merry Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snow and ice just makes everything pop doesn't it, it just glistens.
    betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so neat that you have a sled from your own childhood too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb, lucky you. Even if the snow doesn't stay around until Christmas at least you got pics of your beautiful decorations touched by the pretty white stuff. As cold as it looks, even though it doesn't fall at Christmas, will it still be around until then? Anyone who is coming up to your complex must get the warmest, welcome ever for Christmas. It is all just beautiful..Merry Christmas, my friend..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so sorry to read about Patty's mother-in-law, saying a prayer for the family.

    … and yes, snow does make everything look just a bit more like Christmas :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie,
    Hope you had a wonderful holiday season. Congratulations, you are being featured at Over The Moon Linky Party. I hope you stop by.
    https://www.eclecticredbarn.com/2020/01/over-moon-linky-party.html
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie I enjoyed seeing your festive Christmas decorations and beautiful snow again! Thank you so much for sharing your holiday posts at the Christmas in July link party!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails