I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Friday, December 14, 2018

Colorful Christmas Sitting Room, Christmas Home Tour, 2018

 
  Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!
Today, I will finally be sharing my Sitting Room all decked out for Christmas!!

But first, I want to Thank Richella, over at Imparting Grace, for featuring my post, Victorian Style Christmas Tree and Village, from last week's Grace at Home Linky Party!!!
 Thanks so much, Richella!!

Thanks also to Karren, over at Oh My Heartsie Girl, for featuring my post, Christmas in the Living Room, Part 2, from last week's Friday Feature Special Holiday Linky Party!!!
 Thanks so much, Karren!!!

Please stop by and link up to these lovely parties!!!

The Sitting Room is the last room upstairs that I have not yet shared in my Christmas Home Tour because until I finish decorating, a lot of the tubs and boxes get stored in this room until they can be hauled back up the attic......

Now that I am done decorating, this room has been cleared out and I was able to get some photos......

A wreath that I made hangs on the door like all the other room doors in our townhouse.....
This white wreath echoes the colors of the decorations used in this room along with the color of the trees and garland......white.....

A Santa head sits in the center of the wreath......
This room, which was once my son Jim's room, is painted yellow and is decorated in bright colors.......
In the Spring and Summer, it was decorated in a Garden Theme.......

Directly to the left when you enter the room.......
Before I share the 6 foot white Tree in this room, I want to share a few Christmas touches that I added to the wash stand on the side of the Tree.......
I simply tucked in a few bright pink Christmas picks into an existing floral arrangement.....
A mirrored window shelf hangs on the wall to the side of the Tree.....
I have to admit that all I added to this was an ornament hanging on the smaller mirror underneath the larger one.......
It looks like this year round.....
I love the reflection of the Tree in the mirror......
Hanging above the Tree is a garden chandy that I made......
This 6 ft white Tree was bought in Walmart a few years ago for $10!!
I use it downstairs and decorate it for Easter, the Patriotic Summer Holidays and as my "Under the Sea" late Summer Tree.......

I move it upstairs to the Sitting Room in the Fall to make room for my Fall Tree in the Living Room.....
On top of the Tree is a vintage style Tree topper that I bought at Target a few years ago with most of the ornaments and the ribbons which decorate this Tree.......
I made a bow using 3 different types of ribbons........
With streamers of each of the ribbons hanging down around the Tree......
On this Tree are ornaments in the colors of bright pink........
Aqua and green.......
Silver and lavender........
Some of my Vintage Shiny Brite ornaments are also hung on this Tree.....
Along with a few sentimental dated ornaments like baby's first Christmas ( both of my sons)....
Some angel and pastel Victorian figure ornaments bought at Michael's over the years.....
Ornaments of our Fur Babies who have passed on.....
 There is beaded garland on this Tree in the colors of pink, aqua and green......
And the entire Tree is encircled with a bright pink wired garland.......
A little Christmas Village is set up underneath the Tree this year........
The white battery operated snow village was bought at Target years ago and was originally used in our Powder Room for Christmas and Winter ..........
There are 4 Putz like houses behind it.......
I bought these houses several years ago in Ollie's for a mere $2.99 each!!
I had been using them to decorate the area in front of the china cabinet in the Den but moved them up to the Sitting Room this year.....
2 white crocheted trees( bought about 20 years ago in Bon Ton ) flank each side of the village......
I love this Tree because it is so colorful!!!
 This is my view when I am sitting in my rocker. recliner reading....
To the right of the Tree is my Tea Cup shelf.....
 I simply placed 2 Putz house ornaments on top of 2 vintage fiesta ware cups to add a Christmas touch.....
Next to the Tree......
This is one of the only rooms that I do not have a TV in........
This is the room where I want to sit and relax and read so all I have in here is a radio/CD player to listen to music.......
 A pair of white children's skates are displayed near a vanity chair....
CD's are stored in an old sewing machine drawer.......
On top of this table is a lighted Angel and a white lantern with a battery operated colored candle in it and another Putz house ornament in top of it.....
Bright pink garland is tied in a bow around the lantern and a pack of small vintage ornaments is also displayed on the table......
On top of the bookcases next to the table.......
Lighted snow men that were gifted to me.......
  Bottle brush trees, a church and an angel.......
 Were added to a few vintage dishes that are normally displayed here.......
  On top of the second book case.....
 This 1 foot Tree is decorated with bright pink ornaments.......
  And topped with a vintage topper....
And strands of bright pink beaded garland draped on the Tree like icicles......

I added the bright pink ornaments after I originally took these photos.....

 Next to the bookcases, is a curio........
 Filled with angels and my Mother's yellow depression glass.....
 On the floor in front of the bookcases is a pretty Angel dressed in bright pink......
 My rocker recliner is next to the curio....
 This is the room in which I have my faux fire place as it is the only place in the house where I could put it!!!
If you want to read about what this piece actually was........
  And how I refinished it  and turned it into a "Fireplace".....
 Please click HERE.......

And here it is all decked out for Christmas!
The "Mantle"
This year, I decided to elevate the small white Tree on a pedestal that I turned upside down!
I will show you why I turned it upside down shortly.....
I hung bright pink snowflake ornaments on the gold leaf branches on the wall......

This Tree is decorated in the same colors used throughout the room.......
I topped it off with a vintage topper and a bow and a few streamers of the same ribbon used on the larger Tree.....
Bright pink icicle ornaments were also hung on the Tree........
Elevated like this makes it look a bit more impressive I think!!
Another Village scene is displayed on the "Mantle".......
On the left side......
As in years past, I have used crystal cake stands on each end of the "mantle" .......
A decorated bottle brush tree, bought in J.C. Penney's, a church, vintage Putz house and a snowman sits on this cake stand.........
This silver church was bought several years ago in Target for a mere $5.00 at 75% off!!!
Another vintage Putz house and more snow men.......
This is why I inverted the pedestal........
It created what I thought looked like a "Courtyard"
Aqua bottle brush trees ( bought at Target), snow men, a church and decorated bottles brush trees bought at Michael's are displayed in the "Courtyard"....
 Over on the right side.....
A blue church also bought for $5.00 at Target!
All the snow men figures were bought at Boscov's years ago.....

The other crystal cake stand.......
 A white garland that I decorated with both ornaments in the same colors used in the rest of the Christmas decorations for this room and a few vintage Shiny Brite ornaments.......
In the center is another bow that I made.......
Large bright pink ornaments hang on each side.......
Along with bright pink stocking ornaments and stars......
Now let's take a look at the "hearth" area........
This is a small room, 8' x 10', so it is very hard to take pictures at a distance as there is not much of a distance in this room!!!
You can see that I placed a mirror in the back of the "hearth" area.......
2 bright pink and white striped candy canes hang on each side......
2 LED lit branch trees on each side of a large white lantern.....
A Santa head, green bottle brush trees and another vintage putz house sits on the top of the lantern.......
Inside the lantern is a box with a white house on it.....
In front of the "hearth" sits Mr. and Mrs. Bear having Tea.......
  With their Fur Baby by their side!
Along with both of my son's Cabbage Patch dolls from the 80's!!!!
  I hope you enjoyed seeing my Sitting Room decorated for Christmas this year.....
  In my next post, I will be sharing Nelson Crest, my Victorian Doll House all decked out in it's Christmas finery.....
 There is now a decorated Tree in every room like in my "real" house!!
 So I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

However, if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Hugs,
Debbie
  I am linking up to these parties:

All Things Christmas Linky Party

 Happy Holidays Link Up Party

 SATURDAY
 Saturday Sparks
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
The Fabulous Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
Project Inspired Weekly Link Party
 Celebrate Your Story Monday Night Link Party! 
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase
Wow Us Wednesday

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Grace at Home Party

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
   Flaunt It Fridays
  Sweet Inspirations Link Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

4 comments:

  1. I'm very mush enjoying your special Christmas posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your decors are gorgeous! I love their victorian style, perfect for your beautiful home
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you made that cabinet into a faux fireplace. That's amazing!!
    #embracingchangelinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. So festive and colorful, Debbie! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails