I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

New Year's Tablescapes and Christmas Gifts

 

 


 



 

 Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!

 I am so happy you decided to stop by my Christmas Blog!!

  Every room in our townhouse has a different Christmas Theme and Color Scheme!!
 
 I prove that you do not have to live in a large home to have several Trees, over 20, in all shapes and sizes!!

The majority of my Christmas decorations are placed in the same room every year and I know that this is not what most Decorator's care for but to me, it like seeing old friends again when I decorate each year for Christmas as many of my decorations were gifts from family and friends........... 

I do try to add a few new things and change up things a bit but for the most part, these decorations are part of my Christmas Traditions and bring back a lot of treasured memories.....


I am now posting 3 times a week !!!
 
 I will be posting on TUESDAY, THURSDAY and SATURDAY
 

  As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....

 

Today, I will be sharing New Year's Tablescapes and Christmas Gifts!!!


In my last post, I shared some Christmas Celebrations, Tablescapes and our Church decorated for Christmas!!








Click HERE if you missed that post....


 Happy 2023!!!


 Our Holiday Season continued with New Year's Eve Dinner at home for our family of 5!!

This is my New Year's Eve Tablescape....

 

 I wanted to do something a bit different this year so I sent Joe out to find napkins and plates with black on them!!!


 And he bought exactly the ones I wanted!!!!

 

 I started with my gold scalloped edge chargers.....


 I used my gold trimmed white dishes that I bought for $1.00 each at The Christmas Tree Shops many years ago!!!!


 My gold flatware and vintage gold leaf glasses were perfect....


 There are 4 butter warmers on the table because we had lobster tails.....

 

 I will get to the food in a minute....

 

 In the center of the table......


A crystal bowl filled with Hershey Kisses.....

To "Kiss the Year Good Bye!!!!!"

And hoping for "Sweet new Beginnings in a New Year!!!"




I serve what my parent's did for New Year's Eve Dinner.....

Lobster......

Which my Dad taught Joe how to make and Joe has been noted to make a "mean" Lobster tail that melts in your mouth ever since!!!!!

 Joe also picked up our traditional seafood and chicken fingers for Joey as he does not eat fish....



 
Shrimp and scallops.....


I decided to make up 2 rings of kielbasi, one with cheese in it, as I made it for our lunch with my nieces and it was gone in 10 minutes....


These were bought at a local place right down the road form us, Malacari's.....

Joey took home what was left of the kielbasi and there was only 1 chicken finger left and none of the 3 orders of large fries that Joey ran and got from McDonald's!!!!

We also had cole slaw....

 The Grand Pups were sporting cute blue and pink tee shirts.....



Azumi was really tired.....

First she fell asleep in Danielle's arms....



And then on the table while sitting in Jim's lap!!!



They did not stay long as they had to be at work for 3 am on New Year's Day because Target was open that day......

 

Staying up til midnight was no biggy for me as I usually do not go to bed until around that time anyway.....

However, Joe is usually in bed around 9pm even though he says he is watching TV....

So I usually spent my New Year's Eves alone downstairs or at work watching the ball drop in a patient's room....

I decided I would watch the Ball drop in my upstairs Sitting Room this year.....

This was my view from the recliner in that room.....





I enjoyed my mug of hot chocolate!!!

 
While I also spent time on my lap top.....

 

 I thoroughly enjoyed myself, ringing in the New Year alone!!

Because of Jim and Danielle had to be at work for 3am on New Year's Day, they opted to stay home on New Year's Day and relax which was fine with me however I still delivered them New Year's Day Dinner......

Debbie Door Dash made a comeback as I did that a few times last Christmas season....

About 25+ years ago, I started the tradition of making lasagna for New Year's Day when Joe's Late sister and her husband used to come and visit for the afternoon.....

I made 2 pans of my Beef/Sausage 4 Cheese Lasagna for Dinner.....

 
Pork and sauerkraut is a New Year's Day tradition here in NEPA.....

I did not grow up having that as my Mother hated sauerkraut and could also not tolerate it because of her GI issues which I inherited.....

We do not like pork other than sausage or pulled pork so this was the only Pork that we had on New Year's Day!!!


I sent a nice sized container of lasagna and one filled with kielbasi over to our neighbor Ed and delivered half a pan of it with Italian bread to Jim ad Danielle to enjoy at home, resting up after work.....


 Joey also took half a pan home.....
 
So since it would just be the 3 of us here for new Year's Day, I set a very simple table.....

I used this tablecloth that I bought before Christmas in Gabes....

I set the table with my vintage Old Curiosity Shop dishes which I always use for New Year's Day as they are just perfect for lasagna.....

The pattern on them evokes a Charles Dicken's like scene at Christmas.....

I stuck with an all green color theme....

I kept the Hershey Kisses in the center....



    
 
 

I also want to share my last order of Chicken Lo Mein minus the veggies that Joey treated me to on Friday Evening from Ho Yi restaurant....

After 35 years, the owners are retiring....

 

They were only letting certain people in as they had limited supplies left but when she saw Joey at the door, she opened it and asked "Chicken Lo Mein?  I have some for you!!"

Joey got to say his Good Byes and wished them Happy Retirement and she thanked him for being a long time customer...

Fortunately, there was a sign on the door that a new Thai and Chinese restaurant will soon be moving into the place so we will have to check the new one out!!!

So with New Year's Day now over, the Christmas Holiday Season for me is over....

BUT I am in no hurry to take my Christmas decorations down like so many do.....

I enjoy the Season and would love to have Christmas up year round....

I may start to convert the Den over to Winter decor this week but in NEPA, it is tradition to wait until the Feast of the 3 Kings or Epiphany on January 6th as this is the official end of the Christmas Season in the Catholic Church.....

 I was going to take down anything Christmas in the front of the house and replace it with Winter decorations but rain is predicted for the next 3 days!!!


 I also want to share some gifts I received for Christmas in this post.....

From my next door neighbors, Mo and Merhukh....

A nice set for Joe.....

And wonderful set for me!!

And a beautiful set of 4 crystal glasses that you saw I used for New Year's Day!!!



I was very touched as they do not celebrate Christmas in their religion.....

For those that follow me on FB, you know that New Year's Day started with an ambulance taking their 3 month old baby Girl to the hospital with trouble breathing....

Possible RSV....

It was Covid but she did well and came home the next day....

Joe ran Baby Formula up to the hospital for her and took Mom up and brought Dad, who is a physician in residency, back home to shower...

We also gave them some Covid tests to test themselves which currently are negative even though mom and little brother are sick....

Thank you to everyone who responded for my Prayer request for this little one on FB!

 She is doing well!!!

What a New Year's Day we had.....

BUT I would hope that if I could not be there, someone would do the same for my kids!!!

 

Trish, who is the owner of the house next door, also stopped in and gifted us a Visa Gift Card in appreciation for what she said "Helping her to get the townhouse ready to rent out".....


My Niece Renae and Great nieces Cortney, Caitlin and Carly gifted me all of this!!!!

Isn't he cute!!!

 He will stay up for Winter!!

Along with him!!

Who found a place out in the Den already!!!

And I LOVE this star.....

 
I can change out the greenery for Christmas and Winter......

And look at these darling Snow Man Mugs!!!!!


Perfect for my Winter Beverage Center in the Kitchen!!!!!



I adore everything!!

 AND.....

 I was gifted all this from my friend Anne Marie!!!!

 

 Ornaments for my Summer Tree in the Craft Room!!

 
A sweet wood rolling pin sign which can be left out year round, I think!!!!


This sweet Bearington Bear!!!

 
And a Cynthia Hart Victorian Calendar which she gifts me every year because I can not find any around here!!!


And these beauties for my Winter Kitchen!!!

 


 Aren't these sweet?

Anne Marie knows me well and I am thrilled with everything!!!!

Our sons and daughter-in-law gifted Joe and I an American Express gift card, money, lottery tickets ( which we did not win on) and Big Lot's, Michael's and Hobby Lobby gift cards!!!!

We are truly very BLESSED to have a wonderful family and great neighbors and friends!!!


 All in all, it was a wonderful Christmas Season...

I managed to have the entire house, both inside and out decorated BEFORE Thanksgiving!!

That enabled me to relax and enjoy a stress free Holiday Season!!

I do not buy gifts for our family so I no longer have to be running around shopping and wrapping...

I gift money or gift cards and may pick up a few small things or craft items to gift family.....

I was able to enjoy just sitting and watching Christmas movies and TV specials.....

I thoroughly enjoyed being able to watch numerous Christmas Home Tours on the You Tube Channel on the big TV in our Living Room thanks to my son Joey hooking me up with The You Tube Channel via Roku.....

That was my guilty little pleasure this Season!

I loved perusing all my Christmas decorating magazines and books....

I loved being able to get some crafting and sewing projects done too

And I even enjoyed all the baking, though I did cut back on that and cooking I did as it was for my family and friends as I gave a lot away....

Plus we managed to be able to spend most of the Holidays together this year, not like last year because of Covid scares and Jim's eye surgery....

Sadly, I hate to see it go.....
 
I will start to convert the Den and outside over to Winter decor this week....
 
But I will still enjoy the Christmas Season until The Feast of the 3 Kings.....
 
So on THURSDAY, I hope you will join me when I will be sharing my Annual Christmas Home Tour along with a few new Buys for next year.....
 
It took me a total of 32 days to decorate the entire house this year....
 
And there is a total of 22 Trees in all shapes and sizes..... 

 So I hope you will stop by to visit again on THURSDAY as I finish off this Christmas Season with my Christmas Home Tour!!!!


Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


 I am linking up to these parties:
 



 
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

11 comments:

  1. I love your Christmas blogs. I am in no hurry to remove any Christmas around here. I am looking at Feb 1. Both meals look so delicious, but I am over the moon with your green New Years Day table! Love those dishes and the tablecloth is so pretty. So glad your neighbors are doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Debbie! I love your New Year's table. The bowl of kisses to kiss the out year out (yes, please!) and bring something sweet to the new is just charming. My Christmas will be up till it gets down! My goal is by Spring Equinox! The big tree will begin to come down after Epiphany, as will the Santas and more seasonal trees but the woodland tree, happy tree and maybe another will stay up for awhile to bring light into the new year.

    I wish you only good things in 2023!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A splendid gathering! Your place settings are so pretty and all the decorating you do, fantastic! I love all the smiling faces and your wee doggies in their Christmas fashions. The food looks incredible too. Thank you for sharing Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I love all your tables Deb. Your holidays sound wonderful and we make lasagna for Christmas Day. It's so easy and feeds crowd. Happy 2023 and looking forward to sharing more memories in the new year. XO- MaryJo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for linking up at the Unlimited Link Party 97. Shared.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your New Year's dishes, I am visiting from Grammy's Grid. Thank you for sharing. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Christmas decorations and table settings, Debbie. Your dogs are so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your festive table setting and New Year's meal look fabulous! Thank you for sharing this post in the Talent-Sharing Tuesdays Link-up 48.
    Carol
    www.scribblingboomer.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these tablescapes, Debbie! So pretty. I know what you mean by feeling like you're seeing old friends when you decorate for Christmas. I'm the same way. Visiting from Grammy's Grid blog party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer,
      Thanks so much for stopping by!!! Glad that you enjoyed the tablescapes.....I visited your blog and enjoyed the story about your SIL having a video of your Wedding! I tried to leave a comment but I could not find a place to do so...Have a great weekend!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  10. Happy New Year Debbie! I love your table set up and your food line up looks so yummy. I have to say the pups look so precious in their outfits.
    I always look forward to see what's new when you share with Sweet Tea & Friends.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails