I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Thursday, January 26, 2023

Christmas Storage and New Buys, January Rudolph Day, 2023


  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!

 I am so happy you decided to stop by my Christmas Blog!!

  Every room in our townhouse has a different Christmas Theme and Color Scheme!!
 
 I prove that you do not have to live in a large home to have several Trees, over 20, in all shapes and sizes!!

The majority of my Christmas decorations are placed in the same room every year and I know that this is not what most Decorator's care for but to me, it like seeing old friends again when I decorate each year for Christmas as many of my decorations were gifts from family and friends........... 

I do try to add a few new things and change up things a bit but for the most part, these decorations are part of my Christmas Traditions and bring back a lot of treasured memories.....


I am now posting 3 times a week !!!
 
 I will be posting on TUESDAY, THURSDAY and SATURDAY

  As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....



HAPPY RUDOLPH DAY!!!!!

 Even if it is a day late because I did not want to change my posting schedule....

 Rudolph Day is celebrated the 25th of each month......
 
 
 
When I find the time to post on Rudolph Day, it will be about something having to do with Christmas no matter what time of the year it is...
 

Today, for January's Rudolph Day post, I will be sharing more after Christmas Clearance Buys along with showing you where I store everything.... 

 

In my last post on my regular Blog, Debbie-Dabble Blog, I shared how I decorated the Kitchen in a Red Cardinal and Snowman theme for Winter....




 

 

 

 Click HERE if you missed that post....

 

And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 
 Here it is a month after Christmas and I finally packed away all of Christmas in the downstairs....

I finished packing away Christmas and cleaning the Dining Room yesterday and will be decorating it for Valentine's tomorrow....

I have been changing over the rooms downstairs from Christmas to Winter/Valentine's decorations....

I started with the outside of the house....

This is my Winter Front Porch and Yard.......





  Click HERE to see that post.....


 I then changed over the Den from Christmas to Winter....
 
I decorated 3 Trees for Winter....






 
 Added some Winter things to the china cupboard,,,,

 


 And created some Winter Vignettes.....

 

 

 

 

 

 

To see the posts I did on a Woodland Winter Wonderland in the Den, Please click HERE, HERE and HERE!!!!  

I also added a few Valentine's decorations to the Powder Room which was decorated with Snow Buddies for Christmas.....

 


 

 Click HERE if you would like to see that post....

Next, I changed over the Kitchen to a Red Cardinal and Snowman theme for Winter.....




 

 

 

 Click HERE if you may have missed that post...

On SATURDAY, I will be sharing the rest of the Kitchen decorated for Winter on Debbie-Dabble Blog so I hope you will take the time to visit with me over there.....

You can see that I have left up several of my Trees and re-decorated them....


I did more after Christmas clearance shopping....

 I bought these at Big Lot's.....

 
 I bought this Tree Topper with clear crystals...

 
 
 And one with green crystals.....

 
I plan on painting the metal bow on top of them white....

At 75% off, they were only $3.25 each.....
 
 I could not resist this metal Tree Collar at 75% off....


For $8.75!!

I actually love getting 2 for the price of one as I plan on using only one half of it per Tree...

I plan on leaving one piece red and I already used it for my Valentine's Tree in the Living Room....




I think I will be painting the other half white......
 
These wide mouth cookie jars were under $3 at 75 % off in Big Lots....



 
And I have already used the Snowman one in the Kitchen....



You can see I did not use it as a Cookie Jar!!
 
 Joe also bought this which I will take apart to use for other projects....


More things that I bought in Big Lot's.....


I shared that I turned this.....


Into this.....


Using this that I also bought at Big Lot's....



And this that I bought in Dollar General.....



I hung it out on the front porch....
 
 
 
This was also 75% off

 
And I used it to make this Wreath that is now on the Powder Room door....
 
 
 
 I bought these for my Winter tree in the Den....

 
 And I was thrilled that I found these as I wanted them before Christmas but they were gone....
 


They must have unpacked some boxes that they found in the back!!



I found that Dollar General must have been doing the same thing because every time I went there, more things that I did not see before were out.....
 
I bought these all at 50% off....


These silver chargers were $1.00 each.....

 
These are $2 each.....

 
This was $1.50....

 
And these were 50 cents each......

 
I bought more ribbon and pine cone ornaments that I used for crafting....



I was thrilled to have bought these at 70% off!!!

 
 
 They were $3.00 and $3.60!!
 
I will use these gold mercury glass pedestals year round!!
 
We had $5 off $15 and $10 off $40 coupons at Big lot's so they took everything down even cheaper....

I was thrilled that I was able to nab some really good buys after Christmas!!!


Now I am frequently asked where do I put everything especially since I live in a 1300 sq. ft. townhouse....

I am able to store all this under the stairs where my water heater is located as we do not have a basement.....

These are the tubs from my Christmas Village.....
 
 
 
 All my Sam's Club ceramic sets....

 
 And 5 medium tubs from the Kitchen....
 
 
 There is a panel in the back of the coat closet that comes out to gain access under the stairs....

 
 
 
I store the rest of my Christmas decorations and all my other Holiday decorations up in the attic....
 
When my Dad passed away and my Mother sold their home 3 months later, I had the attic floored and a set of pull down stairs installed as I stored some of my Christmas decorations at my parent's house.....

The Truss system in the attic forms sections....
 
I use those sections to organize my decorations...
 
 Christmas decorations for each room are stored by section....

This section is for all the decorations from the Living Room....



Other Holiday decorations are stored by section too.....

The outside Christmas decorations along with patio furniture and all of my sons toys are stored in a storage unit we rent for only $120 a month.....



It is located right down the road from our house, only 5 minutes away......

So there you have it....

This is where I store all my decorations in my house and in a Storage Unit.....
 
 I hope you enjoyed seeing my after Christmas Buys and where I store everything....

I can not promise that I will be back monthly for Rudolph Day posts but we will see how it goes....

 I hope you will stop by to visit on SATURDAY over on Debbie-Dabble Blog!!!
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


 I am linking up to these parties:


 
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!


4 comments:

  1. You sure got tons of great clearance deals! My Big Lots clearance selection was pitiful. Love your winter owls and the tree collar looks perfect for your valentine tree. Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Debbie, I'm going to book mark your post so that I can come back to look at it again. Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you found some great buys! Thanks so much for linking up at the Unlimited Link Party 99. Shared.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed learning about your storage solutions!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails