I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Sunday, December 3, 2017

An "Old Fashioned" Christmas in the Living Room, Part 2, Christmas Home Tour, 2017


 Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!

I have been posting my annual Christmas Home Tour, sharing each room in our townhouse decorated for Christmas...

All of these posts are on my side bar if you missed them!!

In this post, I will be sharing the other half of my Tour of our "Old Fashioned" Living Room but I will be saving the 7 foot Tree and Village for my next post......

In my last post, I shared these areas in the Living Room......
  And this Tree, Tree # 11..........
 We left off here.......
So I will start here with where you would enter the Dining Room.......
This is the wall across from the stairs ........
In the corner by the Dining Room......
Many of my decorations are those that I have collected over 40 years of marriage with a few childhood treasures thrown in......
The set on this table was bought many years ago and was made by a company called Grandeur Noel that made stunning Christmas ceramic sets and were sold at Sam's Club for several years until the Economy tanked and the Company went out of business........
The set sold for $18.99 and including Santa, the fireplace, the children and the Tree........

It is one of my favorites......
I added one gold and one red bottle brush tree behind the fireplace....
On top of the clock is a vintage reindeer planter.....
The wall above the table.........
The cherub shelves on each side of the faux window are decorated identically...........
A large lighted wreath hangs in the center of the faux window......
And in this corner is a 7 foot Tree and village..........
The Living Room and this Tree is decorated in a traditional red, green and gold color theme.......
This Tree, which is Tree # 12, is decorated in true Victorian fashion with vintage style ornaments and "candles"...........

Before the age of Electricity, the Victorians had candles on their Christmas trees and lit them only once on Christmas Day as someone stood by with a bucket of water to throw on the tree in case it caught fire!!!!
Underneath the Tree is a Village, made by Lemax that I started to collect in 1981 when my oldest son was born........
It is set up on a platform that my Dad built for me the first year that I was married.......
In my next post, I will be showcasing this tree and the Village.......

A swag that I made hangs from the curtain rod on the Living Room window.......
On the side of the entertainment center is a vintage 3 tier table..........
I have displayed both vintage and vintage style Putz houses on this table......

Top shelf.......
A "Snow" village theme is depicted on this table........
2 glittered snowmen, white bottle brush trees and a Winter scene plate.....
Thomas Kinkade ornaments and 3 vintage putz houses......
 
Middle shelf.......
 A Fitz and Floyd dish, 2 Santa's and a new LED lit globe ornament with snowmen inside of it that Joe bought at Bed, Bath and Beyond....
 A cute snowman box and 2 more vintage putz houses........
Bottom shelf.......
A poinsettia plate, 2 vintage bottle brush trees from my childhood
Vintage looking figurines and a Lenox lighted house.......
2 vintage style putz house ornaments.......
The top of the entertainment center.......
This Caroler set is another Granduer Noel set bought at Sam's Club many years ago........
The majority of my Christmas decorations are placed in the same spot every year and I know that this is not what most decorator's care for but it is like seeing old friends again when I decorate each year for Christmas.......

I do try to add a few new things and change up things a bit but for the most part, these decorations are part of my Christmas traditions and I will not change them until i can no longer decorate like I do......
Battery operated LED lit trees are on each side......
Led lit candles and a battery operated strand of lights help to light up the display........
Old Home Interiors Lamp Posts are in the background.......
The gold glittered church was one of 2 bought at Burlington a few years ago......
Red and green ornaments are scattered about to add a bit of color.....
This is one of my favorite Sam's Club sets....
On the floor by the entertainment center......
A family of Bearington Bears.......

Another table on the other side of the entertainment center......
When my sons were young, I saw my first "Praying Santa" in the form of a children's book that I bought for my son's in a Catholic Guild store......

A few years later, I had personalized Christmas cards made with the "Praying Santa" theme.....
This table pays homage to the "Praying Santa"......

The second gold glittered church bought at Burlington.......
I cut out the front of the Christmas card and taped it to the front of the church......
The poinsettia votive cup was bought at Wegman's and I was lucky enough to find the "Praying Santa" frame and small figure at a church flea market!!!!
I framed the inside of our Christmas card......
"Jesus is the Reason for the Season" ornament was bought a few years back in J.C. Penney's.....

A votive with a gold angel on the glass......
And another "Praying Santa" that is battery operated with Baby Jesus's halo lighting up......
A vintage Christmas handkerchief is underneath a vintage crystal dish......
And that concludes this post about my "Old Fashioned" Christmas in the Living Room.....

To continue along with my Christmas Home Tour, I will be sharing more about this Tree .......
And the village underneath it.......

Click HERE to see my Victorian Style Tree and Village......

 I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie
  I am linking up to these parties:

Holiday Link Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Reader Tip Tuesday Party

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
 Waste Not Wednesday
Wednesday AIM Linky Party- twice a month

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party
Create and Celebrate Blog Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Feathered Nest Friday
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party
    Awesome Life Friday
 
 SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks
Share It One More Time Inspiration Party
 
SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

10 comments:

  1. I love the Grandeur Noel set, it reminds me of my childhood and all the nostalgic ceramic figurines my mom used to buy my grandparents. Loved seeing this Deb, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everywhere I look there's magical. The little houses are adorable
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing collections and you are an energetic one Deb! I enjoyed every vignette and photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the village under tree. Magical it is. When do you start decorating? It must be early. I will start early next year.
    betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Santa/Children in front of the fireplace too. It's really very sweet.

    I used to have a Christmas village. I had wanted one for YEARS, so when that dream came to fruition I was beyond happy. Since moving from a large house into this "doll's house" type of home.... it's basically resting in peace inside bins in the barn.

    And I refuse to ever get rid of it all. I do manage to use just a few of the pieces in the other holiday decor; mainly the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Christmastime to you and your family, Debbie! I love how you've decorated your home with all of the tabletop Christmas trees! Just beautiful... <3 When I was in high school, we had two St. Bernard dogs, so it's fun to see your singing St. Bernard there with all of your Christmas carolers. Thank you for sharing your home with all of us! I pinned several to my Holidays, Sweet Sayings and Faith boards for you; some will post later via Tailwind. <3 You can find me at french.ethereal@gmail.com.

    Have a wonderful Christmas,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The carolers are wonderful and I love all of the bottlebrush trees! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie, love that village underneath your tree...I think you said you'd show it in another post. I'd like to see it up close. The other thing I like is that ceramic set you said was your favorite...the one where the kids are sitting on the floor looking up at Santa. Such a nice set! You have so many nice sets. I know you enjoy your Christmas decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie, you have so many lovely decorations and ornaments! Your home looks lovely. Thanks for sharing at Party in Your Pjs!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails