I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Saturday, December 2, 2017

An "Old Fashioned Christmas" in the Living Room, Part 1, Christmas Home Tour, 2017

Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!

I have been posting my annual Christmas Home Tour, sharing each room in our townhouse decorated for Christmas...

All of these posts are on my side bar if you missed them!!

In this post, I will be sharing Part 1 of my 'Old Fashioned" Christmas Decorations in the Living Room....

But first, I want to Thank Cecelia, over at My Thrift Store Addiction, for featuring my post, New Christmas Buys, Crafts and Vintage Cards , from last week's Vintage Charm Party!!
Thanks so much, Cecelia!!! And thanks for your very kind words!!!

And I also want to Thank Karren , over at Oh My Heartsie Girl, for featuring my post, Sitting Room Mantle and Fireplace, from last week's Friday Feature Linky Party!!
 
 Thanks so much , Karren!

Please stop by and link up to these great parties!!!

Today, I will be sharing the first half of our Living Room decorated for Christmas.......

The color theme that I use for Christmas in the Living Room is red, green and gold and I decorate it in an "Old Fashioned Christmas" style........

I love traditional Christmas decorations with a vintage and/or Victorian twist.........

We'll start at the front door.......

When you walk in the door, this is directly to the right........
A vintage marble topped plant stand.......

This large votive sits on top ......
Embellished Santa bottles that I made........

An Apothecary Jar below...........
And Santa head hangs from the stand......
On the front door.......
The beads are beads that you can add to chandys....... 
And I made the plaque.........

To the left of the door is Joe's Great Grandmoher's hutch...............
On the wall on each side of the hutch are shelves.....
Below the shelf........
I always put a cane in the corner paying homage to the movie "Miracle on 34th Street" where they find Chris's cane in the corner at the new house at the end of the movie!!
There are battery operated branch lights in this arrangement......
Top of the Hutch........
Gold glitter LED Trees and Carolers.........
Angels and Nativity sets are displayed in the Hutch.......
 The shelf on the other side of the hutch....
Looking up the stairs.......
On the wall......
A lighted LED canvas and a Christmas ceiling tile........
Some of my Old World Santas......
Looking over toward the hallway going to the Kitchen......
White lanterns on the stairs.......
Bows made from Christmas ribbon top the lanterns......
In the corner by the stairs......
Looking at the chair from the front door......
A large Nutcracker stands guard.......
This year, I changed things up a bit and instead of having this Tree on the chair it is now in the little table......
Allowing me to create a different vignette on the chair......
A Bear Nutcracker bought in J.C. Penney's a few years ago and Bearington Bears......
A Pfaltzgraff snow globe and a gold mercury glass candle holder......
Underneath the chair......
A vintage style rocking horse and a candle........
A sled and vintage Santa boot with a Santa head inside of it............
A "Praying Santa" made by my MIL in ceramics many years ago......
Tree #11
This Tree is one of those outside pathway Trees......
It is decorated with vintage ornaments......
That I bought at yard sales and flea markets......
The Tree is topped with a bow made of ribbon that matches swags, wreaths and the topper for the larger Tree in the Living Room.......
 I used a shiny gold and silver vintage looking tinsel garland......
 I will let the photos do the rest of the talking......
At the base of the Tree is a vintage Christmas Pop Up card that I found in my neighbor Elly's house.......
We watch her home for her sons since she is in a Nursing Home because of Alzheimer's.......
I thought it was meant to be that I would have this card because there is a Post Office on it and Joe is a retired Letter Carrier for the US Postal Service.......
The lights from the Tree actually shine through the windows in the card......

In the corner, is a Curio........

A swag and a tussie mussie hangs near the stairs.......
Greenery and a swag tops off the Curio......
A Santa head and a Christmas plaque hangs on the wall next to the Curio.......
The Curio is filled with angels and crystal.......
I added some ornaments.....
 Gold snowflakes......
 And a few other things to add a bit of Christmas to the Curio.....
Next to the curio on the floor is a children's book titled "Father Christmas"......
Next to the Curio on the right side is a new "Father Christmas" that I bought at Gabes this year......
Across from this corner on the other side of the hall way......
A vintage table and our vintage style stereo.......
The top of the stereo......
You can see that I also bought 2 more smaller "Father Christmas" Santa's at Gabes......
2 LED candles........
A snow globe......
With Santa and his sleigh inside of it.....
And a Lemax red truck with a Christmas Tree on top of it.......
A Vintage Christmas tea cup and saucer and a vintage Santa cup with my childhood  Knee Hugger elves inside of it!!
Joe found this stand at a local antique Co Op.........
The stereo fits perfectly on it......
And I like all the cubby holes that I can display things in!!
Another Bearington Bear sits in a gold sled on the floor.......
To continue along on my Christmas Home Tour with my next post sharing the rest of my "Old Fashioned Christmas" Living Room........
 Click HERE to continue.......

 I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie
  I am linking up to these parties:

Holiday Link Party

  Home for Christmas Blog Link Party 

 SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks
Share It One More Time Inspiration Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Reader Tip Tuesday Party

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
 Waste Not Wednesday
Wednesday AIM Linky Party- twice a month

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party
Create and Celebrate Blog Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Feathered Nest Friday
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party
    Awesome Life Friday
 

14 comments:

  1. You have so many treasures! My favorite of all is the Father Christmas book! I love the carolers and the villager too! I just shared my Christmas music room tour, you will probably like it too, although I still haven't brought the Victorian dollhouse up from the basement. I hope to get to that tomorrow! I thought Halloween was so fun at your house for kids but I bet Christmas is even better! So exciting!
    https://followtheyellowbrickhome.com/sing-now-christmas-holiday-music-room-tour/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I just spotted a little chalkware angel plaque behind the tree...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the carolers! I got hacked the end of May. I lost everything. Everything looks good over here! Merry Christmas Debbie and thank you for all of your hours as a nurse! My mom is a retired nurse. laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is stunning, everywhere I look there is something beautiful and festive. If my house looked like that I'd be hard pressed to take it down. Such a wonderful delight, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by!!
      I could not get in touch with you any other way so I am responding here....
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  5. such cool vintage Santa's and love the bears, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home is so festive in every single corner...You are amazing!
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, love everything Debbie. Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays :) Hope you can join us tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie, you must have been busy with all of your decorations for weeks. I know mine took almost one inside and out and you have so many more beautiful treasures that you share. It's been a long time since I've browsed the links and shared...hope you still remember me I'm back for a Holiday visit and to wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word Debbie, you have quite a collection there. I love those Father Christmas's you've put of the stairs and all you've festive teddy bears. It must have taken years to collect everything and I bet each one bring back a special memory too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's all so sparkly! I love all the vintage Santas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbie, I love your old fashioned Christmas! Thanks for the shout out and also for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Debbie! Enjoyed looking at all the Christmas decorations! I'm not sure what I like best. I do love what's on the back of your front door, and I love that hobnail milk glass base antique-y looking lamp in the last few photos. What collections you have! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, Debbie - Your Old Fashioned Christmas is just beautiful! I'd like to feature your post tomorrow for our Winter Holiday Party! Thank you for linking! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails