I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Christmas Front Porch and Yard, Christmas Home Tour, 2017


   Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!

I have been posting my annual Christmas Home Tour, sharing each room in our townhouse decorated for Christmas...

All of these posts are on my side bar if you missed them!!

In my last post, I told you that I would be sharing how I decorated our Bedroom for Christmas but since it snowed just a bit a few days before Thanksgiving Day, I thought I would share the front of our house all decked out for Christmas in this post instead.....
Even though we experience cold weather here for Christmas, we do not always have snow so I wanted to get pictures of the front of our house taken when I had the chance to  with just a bit of snow.......
A few days before Thanksgiving , we had a coating of snow on the ground but not on the pavement......
So at 7 am in the morning, I turned on the lights and ran out to take photos!!!
Just that dusting of snow makes Christmas decorations look a bit more magical, don't you think?????
Let's start on the front porch......
I have decorated our front porch pretty much in the same fashion for a good number of years......
It is tradition but I do add a few new things here and there......
Remember that I live in a townhouse so our porch is right next to my neighbor's......
 A tree that I made by combining 2 pathway trees, sits in the black urn between the porches.......

 Against the railing that separated the porches......

The penguin that sits on the milk can was bought at Target many years ago because Joe is an avid Penguin Hockey fan....
One of my new additions for this year , is this darling Snow Man......
We bought it in Wegman's and did not want it to break while transporting it home so Joe did this!!!!
 Isn't it the cutest darn thing??????
LOL!!

It actually is quite heavy......
Next to the snow man, hanging on a post is a tin stocking and "Happy Holidays" sign that I have had for many years......
Looking at the front door......
I have had garland around the front door for years and this year, I replaced the garland with new garland bought at Big Lot's on Clearance last year.......
I combined a cashmere garland with just a regular evergreen garland.......
It has a more natural look......
Hanging beneath the wreath that I made for the front door, is a sign bought last year at Dollar Tree......
As I have said many times before, the weeping mortar on the front of our house allows me to hang things from it......
A tin pocket filled with greenery hangs on the side of the door along with a slate and a vintage mailbox
I used red velvet bows through out the decorations and one was attached to the front porch light......
This sled has graced our front porch for almost 40 years and is my childhood sled......
The wooden reindeer planter was made by my oldest son, Joey, in Cub Scouts.....

Next to the sled, I decided to hang the snow man that I made out of wreaths.......
I usually hang it up as part of my Winter decorations but this year, I will just be able to leave it there for Winter.....

Next to the snow man, is a wooden sled made by my youngest son, Jim, in Cub Scouts......
This tree that is always on the porch got dressed up for Christmas with a bow and bells.....
On a wrought iron table in the corner is a lantern that is topped off with a bow and a wreath around the base......
There are many things on our front porch that hold sentimental memories for me and will continue to grace our porch for Christmas for many more years, I hope!!!
There is also a larger wreath that hangs in the middle of the house.......
Last year, I replaced the garland on the railing with the same garland that I used around the door this year.......
I just love how it looks with a dusting of snow....
Red velvet bows and bells hung in the middle of the railing dress up the garland......
The pots in front of the railing are filled with greenery that Joe went and cut from trees in back of our townhouse development near Interstate 81!!!
The small flower bed under the Living Room window....
Again, I love the dusting of snow on the bushes.....
Wreaths hang on the front windows of the house.......
My chippy angel that I bought many years ago in Target sits between the 2 bushes.......
Christmas mini flags hang on each side of the angel........
And a pot filled with greenery sits in front of the angel.....

These are my 2 "trees' that I made out of tomato cages and garland........
It was a bit windy overnight and Joe straightened them out after I took the photos......
Looking down our sidewalk up at the woods on the side of our development.....
The small flower bed in the front of our house......
Looking out from the front porch....
Another new item his year is this pretty mailbox cover!!
Joe bought it at Wegman's......
Here it is without the snow on it.......
It is held on with a magnetic strip.......
I do love the look of it!!
Here is a photo with the snow.....
And here is what it looks like without the snow.....
 Now don't you think that my neighbor's red car needs a tree tied to the top of it?????

LOL!!

The lantern and my park bench.....
What you see in the back ground is the back of Lowes!!!
There is a shopping center on the other side of us......
Here is what it looks like without the snow......
 I still think my neighbor's car needs a tree tied to the top of it!!

Potted poinsettias and a lantern rest on the park bench.....
 Next to the bench are a "deer couple"
 Greenery with red velvet bows dressed them up for the Holidays!!!
 A lantern and another mini flag.........
 Now I want to share how our house looks when you are standing down in our parking lot, looking up........
The back of the park bench.....
A sled that I embellished with a B for our last name.....
The slope in front of our house covered with a dusting of snow......
I hope you enjoyed seeing how the front of our townhouse looks all decked out for Christmas with a dusting of snow.......
 Since Joe is always at Wegman's shopping, he thought he might as well get a part time job there!!!
 He is now a part time cashier there, working 15-20 hours a week!!

Continuing along on my Christmas Home Tour, the next post is An Old Fashioned Christmas in the Living Room, Part 1.......
 Click HERE to see that post.......

I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie
  I am linking up to these parties:

Holiday Link Party

Home for Christmas Blog Link Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Reader Tip Tuesday Party

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
 Waste Not Wednesday
Wednesday AIM Linky Party- twice a month

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party
Create and Celebrate Blog Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Feathered Nest Friday
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party
    Awesome Life Friday
 
 SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks
Share It One More Time Inspiration Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

13 comments:

  1. I agree with you, Debbie....Everything always looks so magical with a fresh dusting of snow When I first saw your pretty mailbox cover I thought it was new....glad you cleared it up for me later in the post! I finally got my mantel finished today...I'm really running behind this year. hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hush UP!!!!!!!! How long did it take you to do all this out front??!??!?!?! My goodness! It's beautiful!!! I would want to jump out of bed and snap pics, too!!!! Your neighbors have GOT to be super impressed with your efforts! I am NOT wishing for snow, but it sure looks pretty. I wish it weren't such a driving and walking hazard!!! You guys did a fabulous job, and if it looks this terrific on the outside, I can't WAIT to see the inside!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that there is a decorating competition in your neighborhood. You are sure to win.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I want all this outside my house Debbie :) Love this. Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always love seeing your posts Debbie :) Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays, you are one of this weeks features :)

      Delete
  5. How fun that you happened to have all the decorations up before the snow fell, it does look so cool with a dusting of snow on everything. Love your new snowman, that is cute how he got it home. I love your mailbox cover too! We managed to get our Christmas lights outside up today, now I need to work on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb you are right, the dusting of snow makes for a great photos, I love everything and the snowman is darling, but the penguin is perfect!! Im still in the planning stage of decorating, slow I know, but still recovering from the worst cold I recollect. But it will be done quickly, I dont do a lot.
    Wishing you a wonderful December!! Dont forget to stop by #OMHGWW and share!!
    Hugs
    Karren :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely porch! The wreath snowman is my favorite! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a real talent for seasonal decorating, Debbie. There is so much eye candy that's hard to decide which items I like best. But, if I were to choose, it's got to be that charming mailbox! Not your typical holiday piece, but it just goes to show that it's all in the details :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. - Snow!!!!! I wish it would snow here like that. (Not ever gonna happen. The heat index was 86 today). I would love to have those stone deer like you have, to use year-round.

    - I found your blogs only yesterday and I just have to add that I consider myself a "Victorian Soul" as well. lol! I totally get it.

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have strapped many a fragile vintage treasure in a seat belt on my junkin' adventures too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not at all surprised - but you have the most festive, welcoming, inviting entrance of any home I know! So cheerful and colorful - and it does look lovely with everything tipped in snow!
    In case you wonder where it is, if your tin stocking goes missing, you can drive through CT and probably find it on MY front porch *evil twinkle in eye*. It's just enchanting! I adore it!
    Thanks so much for another delightful visit to your home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your front porch is a feast for the eyes no matter what the season is Debbie and the light dusting of snow makes it looks like something from a children's fantasy story. That lamp pole almost looks like it escaped from C.S. Lewis' Narnia. Everything is beautiful

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails