I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Christmas in the Guest Room, Part 1, Christmas Home Tour 2015

Today, I am sharing Christmas in the Guest Room, Part 1.

I am doing 2 posts on this room because I have a lot share.......
This is the 2nd year that I have used this white Tree in the Guest Room.......
 The main colors in this room are Yellow, Pink and White with a floral patterned border on the wall near the ceiling......
 3 years ago, I bought a bunch of ornaments and other decorations after Christmas in a bright multi-colored theme!!  Also all the decorations for this tree were 75% off or bought at Yard Sales, Flea Markets and Estate Sales!!

A corner Curio is filled with my Mother's yellow Depression Glass , Angels and Tea Cups!!
 The Tree, which is Tree # 6, is a 6 foot Tree that I bought on Clearance at Walmart at 75% off for $10.00!!

 The Tree is elevated to make it look taller......
I used 3 different types of ribbon to create the Bow and Streamers for the top of the Tree......
And a Vintage Style Tree Topper bought a few years ago at Target.....
 The Tree is decorated with bright colored Ball Ornaments, Vintage Shiny Brite Ornaments and some Victorian Style Ornaments........
 There are strands of Bright Pink, Green and Aqua Beaded Garland strung on the Tree.....
 You may remember this Tree that I used to have decorated in our Bedroom......
Since I no longer have this large table in our Bedroom, I am not able to have this Tree decorated with these Vintage Shiny Brite ornaments and  the Village made from PlasticVille Pieces and Vintage Putz houses in the Bedroom.

So I have used all of those ornaments in other areas in the house including on this tree......
 There are also some sentimental ornaments like"Baby's First Christmas" ones that were my son's.....
 And some Victorian style ornaments bought at Michaels over the years....
   This is one bright and cheery Tree, don't you think?????
 Some of those Vintage Putz Houses, that I bought at yard sales, are displayed here, at the base of the Tree.....
 The large white one was bought at Target several years ago.....
 And on other part of the Guest Room that I want to share in this post is over in the corner by the closet......
 In the Spring, I plan on painting that book case which my Dad built many years ago......
 I decided to display the PlasticVille pieces on top of this book case.....
  This is only fitting as these pieces of PlasticVille are very special to me......
 On my Side Bar, I have a photo of what I call 'The Tree of my Childhood".....
 My Dad built the Platform and the Fence and even though this old photo is blurry, you can make out putz Houses and Plastic Ville pieces under the Tree.....
  The Blue Cottage is from my parent's home..........
 That figure actually was my Mother's when she was a child!!

Even though they had the Barn, it is not the one from my parent's home.......
Most of the farm animals were my parents!!
The Church........
And the Red Cottage were bought at yard sales , along with the Trees!!
The 2 figures were also from my Mother's childhood......

The emboidered scarf was made by my maternal Grandmother.....
This vignette stirs up a lot of happy memories for me......

I moved this chair over by the closet to make room for the Tree......
Displayed on it is a Tea Pot, Gloves and a Tussie Mussie that I made......

Tree # 6.......
And that concludes Part 1 of Christmas in the Guest Room........
 There are 7 decorated trees upstairs!!

If you missed Christmas in the Master Bedroom, please click HERE ,where I shared Trees # 1 and 2.......

Tree #1
    And Tree #2......
   And Click HERE if you missed Tree # 3 in the Bathroom.....
Click HERE for Tree # 4 in the Craft Room......
 Click HERE for Tree # 5 , also in the Craft Room!!

  In Part 2, I share the fake Fire Place all decked out for Christmas......
   And Tree # 7, the final upstairs Tree!!

  And the Garland where I displayed more Vintage Ornaments and Tree Toppers!!
Click HERE to see that Post!!

On Debbie-Dabble, I posted a Mini Christmas Home Tour of the Downstairs and Upstairs.

Please Click HERE and HERE if you missed those posts!!

 Also, all parts of my Christmas Home Tour 2015 , are posted on my Side Bar. Just click on the pic for each Part to see!!

 I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie

A Debbie-Dabble Christmas

I am linking up to these weekly parties:

Creating Christmas : A Thrifted Christmas

 Creating Christmas The Old Fashioned Way

 Christmas Inspirations Linky Party

 Blogmas Linky Party- Decor Theme

  Christmas in Texas Wrap Up and Christmas around the World Linky Party 

MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
 Busy Monday
  What'd You Do This Weekend? 
 Make It Pretty Monday
Merry Monday Linky Party
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
  Blue Monday

TUESDAY
    Show and Share Party
 No Place Like Home Party 
 Wake Up Wednesdays 
  Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop 
 Wow Us Wednesday
 Sizzle into Summer Party
 Vintage Inspiration Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
What's It Wednesday

THURSDAY
 Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
 It's a Party
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Inspired Creations Linky Party
My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday 
 Idea Box- Thursday Linky Party
Grace at Home Party
Vintage Charm

 FRIDAY
 Simple and Sweet Fridays
 The Creative Exchange
Home Sweet Home Friday
 Friday Features Linky Party
 Show and Tell Friday
 Home Matters Linky Party
 Friday Favorites
Welcome to the Weekend Blog Hop
What To Do Weekends
  Friday's Five Features Party 
   Flaunt It Fridays

SATURDAY
  Pink Saturday
 Best of the Weekend Party
  The Creative Collection Link Party
Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
 Snickerdoodle Sunday
Sundays at Home
Share It Sunday
  Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Sundays Down Under
Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!






23 comments:

  1. Always a pleasure to stop by and see your lovely home and all the Christmas decorating. And to learn of all the different treasures you have collected. Family heirlooms are always at the top of the list of special memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Debbie and now I can also say...Merry Christmas : ) I enjoyed browsing Your Christmas home.My favorite idea of Your's is the way You framed the tree with Your curtains.I think the streamers laying on each side also helped in the framing.It is beautiful-enjoy Yourself this Holy season My Dear-Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of the vintage balls and ornaments. So many that remind me my own childhood! Happy Week, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Debbie, I am overwhelmed with Christmas cheer! lol! Your decorating is totally amazing. I wish I had a smidgen of your decorating talents. I am so happy for you that you have many pieces from your parents. That is really special. Everything look wonderful.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a white tree and your ornaments are amazing. Love the little village and all the pieces from your childhood Christmases. So special! Thank you for sharing and enjoy your week, Deb.

    Christmas blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Debbie!...that guest room might make your guests want to stay awhile. It looks so cozy and inviting and full of Christmas Cheer.
    Your attention to detail is very impressive! Have a great week.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed seeing all the vintage decorations, some very similar to what I had as a child, such as the putz houses. (I never knew they were called that!) I have one of them, I believe the only survivor. It is such a pleasure to scroll through the photos, thanks for taking the time to photograph everything close up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your trees are good enough to eat! The ribbons remind me of ribbon candy :) How wonderful that you have your parents' toys and things from your own childhood. I can tell by the cherishing and care-taking that your family is full of love. Best wishes to you for a lovely Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  9. very pretty, like the houses under the tree , and the pretty ribbons, I have never decorated our tree like that but at church when we decorate the tree in the foyer we use a big bow on top with the ribbons coming down. I have a manger set that my nephew painted for me when he was in his early teens that always goes under our tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Christmas decors are wonderful , fairy, super!!! I can' t tell you which is my favourite tree..they are all gorgeous! The little houses and cottages are so pretty
    Hugs
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbie, Another beautiful tree! You have such a talent for pulling together a different look, but similar feel for all of your lovely rooms! You are truly the Mistress of Christmas :) Thanks for sharing your beautiful style with us at Brag About It! Hope your week is a lovely one.
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debbie all your trees are pretty however it makes me tired thinking about all the work to get that all together LOL
    I guess in my old age that is what I think about LOL
    I like how the ribbon runs down your white tree
    I know who ever gets to stay in your guest bedroom will enjoy their tree

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have certainly created a fun and festive room to share with guests. I'm sure it makes your guests feel extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything turned out so pretty! :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How wonderful that you have these reminders of your parents and your childhood Christmases. Your guest room is a Christmas wonderland in and of itself. Visiting you always inspires me.
    My mind boggles when I think of the time and effort involved in preparing your home. And then to blog it all AND go to work. Hope you are getting some sleep! And how is your knee?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lost my blog so starting over
    I alway like seeing your decorations
    Now days I do so little

    ReplyDelete
  17. Deb, how special to have the figures from your mother's childhood as your Christmas decor!Thank you so much for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Debbie, I love all of your trees but I think my favorite is #1 on the tables with all the hats and painted decorations and was that gloves of a teddy bear, I tired to enlarge but still was not able to see.

    Thank you for sharing on http://ohmyheartsiegirl.com/friday-features-linky-party-37/
    Happy Holidays!
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such pretty and festive white Christmas tree and decor!
    Thanks Debbie for sharing this with us at Cooking and Crafting with J&J!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Debbie! Popping over from Snickerdoodle Sunday to say a big thank you for linking up your posts with us this week! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the bow and streamers on this one, Debbie. What great memories you have with your village. If you missed it on my party page today, I mentioned that I'll be doing a Snickerdoodle Special Feature Post on Wednesday which will include the home tours/trees that have been linked up with us over December. Your lovely home will be one of the stars of the show! Thanks so much for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Debbie, this tree certainly is beautiful! What a bargain shopper you are. Ten dollars for such a pretty tree. Love the ornaments, but your plasticville stole my heart! I have never heard or seen anything like it. Simply precious indeed! Thanks for sharing with Creating Christmas.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  23. Debbie, I love how you have recreated your childhood tree! Have a very Merry Christmas! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails