I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Christmas in the Powder Room, Christmas Home Tour, 2016

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY HANUKKAH!!!!

Welcome to the final post of my Christmas Room by Room Home Tour, 2016, Christmas in the Powder Room!!
For many years now, I have decorated our Powder Room for Christmas and Winter with Snow Buddies and in the color theme of blue, white and silver.......

This year is no exception..........

Not much different in this room from other years except for a few things.........

We will start over in the corner on the left side when you enter the room.......
On the wall.......
On the shelf......
A Winter scene painted on a slate....
I made the plaque hanging below the slate......
Above the medicine cabinet......
The reflection in the medicine cabinet......
On the sink.......
A Christmas plate , an angel that was gifted to me by my sister and a Snow Buddy.....
Moving around the room.....
I switched out photos with Christmas Cards for these frames.....
The shelf unit above the toilet......
Top shelf......
 Behind the Lady Snow Buddy is a new blue bottle brush Tree that was bought at Target this year.....

Bottom shelf....
I bought the snow men towels this year in Bed, Bath and Beyond.......
On top of the toilet......
Tree #21
I have used this Tree in the Powder Room for years but it was always a bit too wide for the estgare.....

So I did what I did to the table top Tree in the Den.......

I trimmed it!!
I cut about 1 1/2 to 2 inches of the bottom branches!!
It fits much better here now!!
On top of the tree is a bow made out of 2 different ribbons and silver branches from the Dollar Tree
The Tree is decorated with Snow Buddy ornaments......
Silver balls......
Blue icicles and white snowflakes.....
Silver glittered picks and puffs on buffalo snow are tucked into the Tree.......
It is lit with 2 sets of battery operated lights....one blue and the other one cool white.....
A sweater like white and silver tree skirt rests on top of a handmade doily........

On the shelf underneath the Tree....
A white Winter village
And some Snow Buddy Santa's.......
On the stand next to the estagere.....
A blue church.....
Santa ornaments hang off the stand.......
Another shelf unit.....
Sconces on each side......
Santa's on shelves.....
A Snow Man picture.......
Mercury glass owls
Another blue bottle brush tree
 Top shelf......
 Bottom shelf.....
The candles on both shelves were bought at Dollar Tree and have a bluish light when on...
Another Christmas card framed......
Above the closet which houses the washer and dryer......
A swag that I made......

On the door hangs a wreath that I made a few years ago and added a bit more to this year......
I hope you enjoyed seeing the Powder Room all decked out for Christmas......
After Christmas, I will remove any Christmas related items, add a few Valentine Snow Buddies and red heart ornaments to the Tree and keep it all up for the Winter!!

We continue to celebrate the Christmas season until Epiphany, the Feast of the 3 Kings, which is Jan. 6th this year.......

No, we are not one of those people who rip everything down the day after Christmas!!

Why bother if you are only going to keep it up that short a period of time???????

I still have a few more Christmas posts to share here on my Christmas Blog......

Like an Evening Tour of our home all lit up, a post featuring all 21 of my Christmas Trees. what bargains I got before and after Christmas, some Christmas crafts and ornaments that I made and in my next post, our trip my favorite shop all decorated for Christmas.......
Country Folks!!
You can see that it was truly spectacular this year!!!

So I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie
  I am linking up to these parties:

Countdown to Christmas Link Party!


Five Star Frou Frou Party-permanently open, link up anytime!!

MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Blue Monday
Make It Pretty Monday
 Over the Moon Linky Party

TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
Tuesdays At Our Home
Brag About It Tuesday Linky Party
Let's Talk Vintage 
Turn It Up Tuesday

Wake Up Wednesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Creative Sparks Link Party
The Homesteader Hop
Dagmar's Home Linky Party 

THURSDAY
The Homemaking Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Idea Box- Thursday Linky Party
 Creative Ways Link Party
 Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Creative Exchange

FRIDAY
Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Friday's Five Features Party 
Sweet Inspirations Link Party

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party



Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

18 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your festive home with us! And I would have never thought to trim faux trees ... great idea when the base is too wide. Appreciate the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You already know how much I love your blue Christmas bathroom and this year is no exception.....so pretty! I don't know when I will get around to taking down my Christmas this year...lol....what with the wedding and everything, I feel tired. Have a wonderful New Year....hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blue and white theme for the bathroom, and since I love snowman this is probably my favorite :) Your swag and wreaths are pretty too! We do the same thing and keep up the Christmas decorations, my hubby always keeps track of the day that we should take them down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not familiar with Country Folks. Their store looks amazing! I love your powder room, especially your clever trick of swapping photos with Christmas cards! Thanks for sharing this post at Tuesdays with a Twist LINKY PARTY! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lightblue theme of your decors, they look such romantic. I like very much the snowmen
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I love the blue. Your powder room is lovely.
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Debbie! No body does Christmas better than you, my friend! I love seeing all you do and am just amazed at your Christmasing! There's to another year of blogging with you in 2017.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shade of blue in your powder room Debbie! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing decorations Debbie ... Love the blue Snow Buddies. Don't believe I have seen those before.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Happy New Year
    Audrey Z.@ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is christmas at its best! What amazing decor.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbie, hope you enjoyed a wonderful holiday. I'm busy putting my decor away today and it's a job! I can't imagine how much effort it takes for you to decorate and put things away. ;-)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your bottle brush trees and framed Christmas cards-what a display! That barn store is great too! Thanks for linking up with Funtastic Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the tour Debbie! Thank you for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Debbie-We have a blog that we are working on trying to make better. We love your blog and enjoy looking at your photos. I am going to be working on our blog this year. I am not happy with what I did the first year and this past year I have had a lot of other things happening and did not work on it at all. I can not figure out how to link up to any of the groups you link to. I wanted to try some of them to see if I fit in. I like to do table scapes and other decor. I have photos of my trees that I am trying to get posted on my blog. Do you know how to link to any other blogs for these events? Do I have to ask permission first of the blog owner? I don't know how to do a permalink-is that what it is called? I am on blogger.
    Thanks for any help.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The blue is very nice in your powder room! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Debbie,
    Your powder room is in one of my favorite shades of blue. Thank you for sharing at Monday Social.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am dying to know how the lace tree on the bathroom shelf was created. Did you do it? What makes the layers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your interest but the tree that looks like it was made from a doily is actually a store bought tree that I embellished. I bought it about 10 years ago in Bon Ton.
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails