I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Saturday, December 3, 2011

HOME TOUR 2011, Part 5, the DEN

Welcome to Part 5 of our HOME TOUR, the Den!! Remember to click on the link at the end of this post to continue to the next room in our Home Tour! If you missed part 1, the Front Yard, please click HERE

If you missed Part 2, the Kitchen, please click HERE If you missed Part 3, the Dining Room, please click HERE If you missed the Part 4, the Living Room, please click HERE And I want to THANK everyone for all of your very kind comments!! I also want to thank Honey over at 2805 for featuring me on Potpourri Friday this past week!! I am so flattered and honored!! Thanks, Honey!! Now on to my Den... Our Den used to be the back patio of our townhouse. Many years ago, my Dad made it into another room for us and it was the Play Room for my sons. He took off the back door and the took out the Kitchen window. Since it was originally a patio , it's dimensions are 8' X 20'. When you first enter the room from the Kitchen where the back door used to be, this is what you see to the left.... The door with the wreath on it , is to a small storage room. Remember, I do NOT have a basement. Yes, I made the wreath several years ago..... The Cynthia Hart Victorian Calendar is hanging on the door of a pantry closet where I keep all my canned and dry goods since my Kitchen is so small. Here is one end of the Den..... The colors and theme for this room is mainly Burgundy, Blue and Ivory and I have mostly decorated with Dicken's like and vintage items in this room. One wall..... The top of the cabinet where the TV is... I bought this solid oak reproduction Ice Chest at an Estate Sale for a mere $15.00!!!! To one side of the TV... A Thomas Kinkaide Music Box that plays when you wind it.... A Mr. Christmas Music Box that plays when you open the drawer..... Again, I made all the wreaths and swags in this room several years ago... I have finally found a Burgundy velvet like ribbon ( looked for 2 years and just could not find it) and replaced all the bows..... Love these carolers that I got for 50% off after Christmas one year at Country Folks Gift Store.... Have I told you how much I like shelves???? And the rest of the Carolers.... The Church Mouse was a gift from a friend..... I try to disguise the Power Box for my all electric townhouse and the phone box...... Joe just bought me this sweet plaque at a local Department store ( Boscov's)..... This is one of 2 end tables that Joe bought at a church flea market for $6.00 each. I do plan on painting the bottom ivory in the summer..... I switched the Tiffany Style lamp shade onto a taller lamp base because I wanted the height of the lamp to be the same...... The lamp base is alabaster and weighs a ton! An another one of my Old World Santa's.... Vintage looking book boxes and a sweet tin.... Some of my Burgundy Santa's.... Joe just bought this cute plaque for me at Boscov's..... And again, you know how much I love the candlelight feature on my $100 Kodak Smart Capture camera!! You can really see what the shade looks like lit.... And we are rounding the corner..... Above the chair..... Victorian looking plates that I bought on Ebay several years ago..... I love the " Believe" sign..... Do you BELIEVE??? I did leave my Tassel Dolls that are dressed in velvet out on this shelf...... The back door out to the patio and small yard.... Looking toward the other end of the room...... I do have a lot of Thomas Kinkaide items in this room and here is my Clock with Plates you change out for the 4 seasons...... And this is Tree # 5....... It is a 4 foot pre- lit table top tree that I bought on Clearance for 75% off at Target one year after Christmas for $ 9.00........ I normally do not like pre lit trees because there is never enough lights on them for me and once the lights do not work, you have a problem. I added a set of 200 LED warm white lights to this tree. Bought them at Sam's for $19.99 I am so glad that they are making LED lights in warm white because the cool white ones look blue to me and I do not care for them.... I am slowly buying the LED lights to replace my regular lights but with this many trees, it could cost me a fortune.... The tree is sitting on another one of those $6.00 end tables....... I used this ivory beaded garland on the tree. Can you see the roses on the beads??? I also replaced the bow on this tree with ribbon I got at a Flea Market that is vintage real velvet ribbon and there was a price of $15.00 on the spool which looked like it was originally bought in the 60's- 70's..... I also stuck burgundy velvet and frosted burgundy roses into this tree... I love the way the bow looks.... The ornaments on this tree are mostly ivory and burgundy in color and are Victorian style and Thomas Kinkaide ones..... And here it is all lit up..... I have 2 light up Thomas Kinkaid houses underneath on the Burgundy velvet tree skirt..... Looking at the other side of the room..... This is the chair where I sit and BLOG!! One of my computers is inside the armoire. I also have a lap top one.... Thomas Kinkaide cards that I framed and "A Christmas Carol" figurines that came from Boscov's many years ago when my sons were young..... My carriage filled with Bears.... On top of the Computer Armoire is another one of those sets from Sam's Club that I bought several years ago..... I added the wooden church and the burgundy feather tree to the vignette.... Another wreath... The berries are blue but are reflecting the light in the pic making them look white....... And next to the computer in the corner on a turn table is Nelson Crest, my Victorian Doll House... To read the story about the wonderful man who built my doll house for me at the age of 88 years old, please click HERE I have named it Nelson Crest in his honor and the family that lives there ,are the Nelson's.... Because of the candle light feature that I LOVE so much, I can show you that I have the doll house back lit. He was not able to wire it for electricity so since it is in a corner, I have a small stool behind it and an uplight on the stool so the back is lit..... Wreaths on the windows like my own house..... All decorated for Christmas..... Sorry it is a bit blurry.... From the sides.... And you spin it around to see the inside.... The bathroom.... The music room.... The little girl's room.... I did a little girl's room because I have 2 sons.... Mother and Father's room.... The Dining Room.... And the Parlor.... See the tree that I decorated??? That is Tree # 6....... This is my perfect house because it has NO Kitchen!!! Moving around the room again..... This is where the Kitchen window used to be... Looking in the Kitchen.... This is a China Cupboard the my neighbor gave me...... The top of the China Cupboard On top is a wire tree decorated with vintage Children and Dicken's like ornaments.... This is Tree # 7..... Also you can see my Thomas Kinkaide Calendar..... Love these ornaments..... I have, again , taken out all of my Blue and Red Tranfsferware and replaced it with Christmas items.... The first shelf.... The second shelf... The third shelf... On a small burgundy velvet ottoman is another little vignette that I set up..... I even hang things on the door..... And in the corner is Tree # 8....... It was one of a set of 2 alpine trees. The other one is in the Dining Room. I added a set of 60 LED warm white lights and just a few winter looking ornaments to this one... On top is a vintage Made in Germany tree topper... I placed it in a crock on top of this marble top stand. Underneath the China Cupboard , I have placed some vintage like toys since this room was once the Play Room.... An old doll, sitting on a drum, a rocking horse, a wagon, a teddy bear and some wooden toys along with one of my Bearington Bears..... And I filled another crock with silk poinsettia's..... I love the sign on the marble stand which was a gift from a friend " Wanted: One Magic Hat" Now you know that I had to show you this in candle light!!!!! I have battery operated candles and a string of lights in the China Cupboard... Ooops! Forgot to turn on the candles!! And the tree lit up..... And we are back to the door to the Kitchen..... I spend a lot of time in this room because this is where the main computer is located and I just love the way it looks decorated for Christmas. I hope you are enjoying the tour of our home??? Some have asked if I do all this by myself. Being a bit ( HA, HA) OCD, YES , I do. Joe does all the lifting and carting around of boxes and tubs. To continue on our HOME TOUR to the next room, please click HERE to see our Powder Room. I am linking up to these great parties: Seasonal Sunday Sundays with Santa Metamorphosis Monday Mod Vintage Mix Monday Blue Monday Amaze Me Monday Masterpiece Monday Table Top Tuesday Wow Us Wednesday Open House Party Thursday Potpourri Party Thanks, Honey, for featuring my last week!!! Show and Tell Friday Home Sweet Home Friday Vintage Inspiration Friday Deck the Halls Friday Pink Saturday And these Christmas Blog parties: Itz Festival Time Christmas Blogger Block Party Christmas Linky Party Christmas Party at Holiday Haven Show Your Glow Linky Party http://www.athoughtfulplaceblog.com/2011/11/holiday-vignette.html http://honeywerehome.blogspot.com/

Holiday Decor @ Michaela Noelle Designs

Hooked on Houses Holiday Home Tour

Holly Blogger Christmas

Please take some time to stop in to visit these terrific hosts and there party players!! Thanks so very much for visiting with me!! Hugs, Debbie

17 comments:

  1. Oh my Debby, this is a real wonderland, with such magic in your C'mas decor,wow, my friend it is supremely amazing and gorgeous! I love the music boxes and the miniature house...that doesn't mean I don't like everything else, I'm loving it! Thanks for sharing, I'm showing my grandgirls this right now and they're enchanted too. Hugs, FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you really go all out for Christmas ;) :) :) I LOVED all the burgundy accents. I remember when you blogged about that sweet little baby doll carriage and it looks lovely with all those adorable bears sitting inside ;) :)

    Oh, I would love to have a vintage ice chest like your someday. You got a really great deal on that :) :) I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your Christmas home tour ;)

    Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Did I say WOW!! Yes I did!! And you do this all by yourself! You go girl!! How long does it take you to decorate your whole house? It's all so wonderful Debbie ~ now I need to go and check out your previous posts with your fabulous holiday decorations!!

    Hope you are having a fab weekend!

    Warmest hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful is all I can say. To see all you have done just holds me in awe. I love the burgandy theme. And as you know I just love Nelson Crest. I so need to get my craft room finished and get my doll house finished. All the furniture is sitting in a box packed away just waiting for me to get it decorated.

    I e-mailed you this morning in reguards to my white tree. I hope it came through for you. Been having some problems with getting my e-mails out for some reason.

    Karan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot begin to imagine the hours you put in to get everything up for Christmas, and then to have to take it down to pack away for the next year...you are my hero! Your house is awesome, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to have to take some pics of what I've been doing at my mom's place for Christmas...I love everything here that you have shown. I sat in that chair and just let you 'walk' me around that room,,lol. Wonderful visit as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Debbie~Ohhhh myyyyy what beautiful Christmas decor you have, lots and lots of eye candy :) my fav is that magnificent doll house :) and the Christmas tree in your den is simply gorgeous:) I have so enjoy my tour around your home :O)

    xox~Mari

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness Debbie! So very beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I'm overwhelmed! It must have taken you hours and hours and hours of work! I love the shade of blue on your walls, and of course, all of the blue Christmas decor

    Happy Blue Monday to you, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful decoration, beautiful photos..

    Visiting for BM! Hope you can visit mine too..

    http://www.heavenly-dreams.com/toy-story-toddler-bed/

    ReplyDelete
  11. The christmas decor looks sooo magical...!! The stained glass lamp looks gorgeous... Love the wreaths that you have made... and the vintage book boxes.. Never seen something alike before... !!

    Thanks for linking to the party.. !! Hope to see you in with more and more entries ;-) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this theme. How in the world can you only have a small storage closet? You must be very organised! Such pretty figurines. The carollers are all amazing, each set fascinating. The old doll has to be my favourite. Shared and thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Debbie, for linking all of your wonderful trees to the Christmas Tree Party at 2805. I do hope you will take the time to check out the gracious sponsor of the $100 Pottery Barn giveaway by becoming a member of Hometalk or liking them on Facebook. Links are provided for each.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice as alway. Where do you store to all???
    I know how hard it is to find room
    Happy PS Laura

    ReplyDelete
  15. Debbie,
    You have such a lot of pretty things! I love your dollhouse!! So cute! I thought it was funny you said you decorated the tree! You even decorate them in dollhouses. :) Smile! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Debbie,
    So many pretty decorations, like a winter wonderland. Any visitors to your home must feel priveleged to be there. Perfect!
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails