I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

WHAT STARTED IT ALL..........

Yes, I decorate 12 Christmas Trees for the holiday season.

If you missed my post showing my 12 trees and are taking part in Denise Marie's
CHRISTMAS COLLECTOR'S ALLEY party and Tammy's DECK THE HALLS FRIDAY Party, please click HERE
My 12 trees are my first Christmas Collector's Alley contribution!


How did all of this madness start you ask????
Well, several years ago, my all time favorite magazine was the now out of print Victorian Decorating and Lifestyle.
I still have all of my back issues and have purchased many on Ebay.
But when I first gazed upon the Jan. 2000 issue, I fell in love with the idea of a tree in every room.
Now I already had several Christmas trees in the house...one in the Living Room, one in the Boy's play room which is now my Den and one in each of my 2 son's rooms that they decorated themselves every year.

Please click on pics to enlarge and then click again and you should be able to read the article!!



The article that started it all was about a woman named Debora Richey from North Carolina that had 10 Christmas trees.


I just loved the way her home looked...

Each tree and each room had a theme..



Many of the decorations she made herself....




So this is what started it for me!! I started to buy ornaments on Clearance after Christmas and then I picked different themes and colors for each room.

Some of the ornaments I bought I was able to use for other Holidays so I started to leave some of the trees up and decorate them for Holidays other than Christmas.




This is my Patriotic Tree that has been in my Living Room since Memorial Day.


After Labor Day, I will decorate it for Autumn.

There is at least one or two trees decorated in my home all year round!!

If you have a Christmas Blog, please let me know so I can add you to my Blog Roll here. After all, us lovers of Christmas have to stick together!!

I am linking up to

CHRISTMAS COLLECTOR'S ALLEY

REDNESDAY!

Show and Tell Friday!

Deck the Halls Friday

And also PINK SATURDAY!

Please stop by these great parties!!

Please also visit my other blog, Debbie-Dabble

Thanks for visiting me today and every day that you take the time to do so!!

Hugs,
Debbie

19 comments:

  1. Debbie, I also have that magazine and that is one of my favorite articles. I have kept all my issues. That was one of the best issues ever! I miss all the good decorating magazines. Your trees are all beautiful. My problem is I don't have a lot of storage space. My hubby believes garages are made for cars and if our garage begins to have a little too much stuff, it has to go. I also love having my car garaged. Wonderful in winter and summer heat also. I am so glad you are feeling like posting again. Your blogs are favorites of mine! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sine I do not do much decorating anymore, I can certainly enjoy yours. You do a great job on your decorations. I do not know how you do it. You have such a lovely home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow 12 Christmas trees? That is fantastic. I could only decorate one Christmas tree BUT I am thinking of decorating my 3 pine tree outside. But have to look at your Christmas tree for inspiration. Happy Wednesday!
    Rednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. christmas is one of our favorite times of year. I love the look of victorian christmas very pretty Your blog also has that sort of lovely whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your patriotic tree! I have a 28" feather tree that I decorate year round, I really enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I had a bigger house, and didn't have to store everything in the attic, I would be very tempted to have more trees at Christmastime! I absolutely adore your patriotic tree!
    Happy REDnesday!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love to decorate for Christmas! I'm marking this blog for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy to have found another blog that celebrates Christmas! Thanks so much for sharing. I know I will check back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Debbie this is a great post. My meme is up all week. Can't wait to see your post. You could always tag in with this post that shows trees. Girl, I missed out on 2 lil white trees last week at an estate sale. I had NO cash on me. I sure wanted them. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful blog and it will really help me to get into the christmas season. great post for rednesday too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun. I love your patriotic tree. I can think of a few themes for my home-HMMMM. Maybe I could do miniature trees, cuz I don't have enough room for big trees!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved all your trees, Debbie Dabble. Lots of work but lots of fun, too. xoxo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, I go crazy for Christmas too. I only do about five trees, one year we did a tree for our Hamster little buddy. Love your magazine, I have never seen this one, you would think as a magazine hoarder I would be aware of this one...giggle.
    Hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Debbie!
    I just had to stop by and say that I really LOVE your post! I am going to have to get a hold of that magazine, cause it looks like its loaded with oodles of ideas! I keep many of my fav mags with Christmas ideas in a pile so I can go through them too for ideas.

    I now have a 4ft white victorian tree that I keep up year round in my parlor. And put up at least 4 or 5 various sizes of trees each year. But 12,WOW, you've got me beat! lol I have a hubby who LOVES Christmas so lucky me, he's likes to oblige my decorating during this time of year.

    I do love themed trees and can't wait to see your fall tree!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I linked up with you through Show and Tell Friday - you need to join our yahoo Christmas group Christmas to the Max. Melody is the list owner, tell her you know me. EVeryone on there has mulitple tree's and share tons of ideas all the time. SO glad I foudn you, I am adding your link to my Christmas blog.
    Paula in Idaho

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely, Debbie. I love Christmas also, you really do go all out. I will have to watch and see your beauties. Happy PS

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful. I am hosting a 50 dollar CSN Giveaway on my blog. I would love for you to stop by. Thanks Anu!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Debbie

    Thank you for your comment on my blog. Soon I'll put up photos of the autumn wreath I'm making. I have heard wonderful things about Pennsylvania. Do you go to the "Ground hog" festival? England is really colourful & lovely this time of the year too. Have you ever been to England?

    These photos are really inspiring.

    Hugs
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  19. I HAD NO IDEA that there was ALL CHRISTMAS BLOGS!!!!!!! Of course there would be!!!! What fun. I have to keep following you! Charlene

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails