I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Friday, July 15, 2011

Old Christmas Magazines, Christmas in July Party

Once again I thought I would share with you one of the magazines from my collection.

This issue is Victorian Decorating and Lifestyle, Dec./Jan. 1997

It is chalk full of all kinds of inspiration for the Holidays....

Please click on pics to enlarge and then you can click on them one more time and you should be able to read the articles if you chose to........

What an entrance!!!


Love this wall paper.

It reminds me of Richard's Home over at My Old Historic House
who is currently featuring some of his beautiful reds.....

What a tree!!




I adore this lamp!!

What a fantastic home, don't you think????

I spent a week down the Jersey Shore ( not the TV show) at WildWood , N. J. every year of my life from 4 years old to about 35 years old.

As a child and teenager vacationing with my parents, we would take a ride for a Day Trip to Cape May. I remember Cape may when all of these beautiful homes were falling apart.
Then Cape may was put on the national Historic Register and funding was available for restoration.

Every year , more and more of these beautiful Victorian Homes were restored until Cape May became the wonderful Tourist Attraction it now is. This was always the day of our vacation that I looked forward to the most.....

My Dream Vacation that is on my Bucket List is to spend an entire week in Cape May during their annual Victorian Christmas Celebration.....

I was so excited when I saw this article.......




Hopefully, someday, my dream will come true!!

And now onto a great Crafting idea......

I am thinking of using sheet music......


Yes, that is a tree hanging upside down. This was a common practice in Victorian times.....

You can now buy artificial trees on a stand that are upside down. The ornaments look fantastic on these trees because they are hanging freely!!







If you don't have room for a large tree, You can use small ones.....


I LOVE this bedroom and how it is decorated!!




I hope you enjoyed revisiting this beautiful magazine.

I am participating in the Christmas in July Blog party over at Holiday Haven.

Also joining Deck the Halls Friday!!

All you have to do is link up a Christmas post from last season. You don't have to do a new post if you do not want to.
Please consider joining in on the fun!!

Also please visit Debbie- Dabble for a tour of my Craft Room as I am joining the annual party of Where Bloggers Create.

Thanks so much for visiting today and every day that you take the time to do so!!

Hugs,
Debbie

11 comments:

  1. Thats one gorgeous magazine. It might be July but I never tire of Christmas decor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. DD. I love your Christmas Post and I especially love that you mentioned me, My Old Historic house. I have been working on my Christmas. I started blogging last Dec. after Christmas, so no post, but, this year watch out. I have been making ornaments and thousands of ribbon roses. I plan on using a real tree, so it will be a little late in appearing. Just keep watching. Look forward to your next post. And, I love your Music.Richard

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the magazine article with the photos of Cape May...what a lovely spot :) :) Have a great weekend. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, look at these photos, I think weeks would fly by & I wouldn't even notice if I owned any of those magazines :)

    Thank you for letting me know about the Christmas Party in July, I have now joined that. Love reading your blog,

    Hugs,

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard to believe that magazine is from 1997. I guess it just goes to show that everything about the gift of Christmas is timeless!

    Take care and best wishes for a wonderful week!
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous magazíne pics Debbie. I had not realized you had a Christmas blog too. These days I barely remember my own name. And you have a Christmas in July party this week as well. How fun. I hope you can still join in at our White Christmas in July party. I'll come over and link up with yours too. Woo-hoo!!! Lots of parties!!! Bring out the eggnog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, yes. I just remembered seeing your beautiful trees before. And you AMAZÍNG page background. Cindy had recommended your Christmas page last year. I believe from a Rednesday link or something. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, Debbie, looks like one of us has had too much eggnog. ;) I see the Christmas party is at Holiday Haven instead and already going on this whole week. Hahahaha...looks like I've partied too much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful group of pictures from an amazing magazine Debbie. I did a double at the upside down tree. Had no idea that it was common back in Victorian times. I thought it was a new idea in the last 5-6 years.

    Karan

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful pictures in this magazine! Cape May looks like a wonderful place to visit! Lovely homes! I hope some day that your dream vacation will come true! Signed up for the Christmas party in July. Thanks. By the way...glad you got a smile from my Christmas Humor post!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I were into decorating for any occasion, I would certainty ask your opinion. You have so many different and lovely things in your home and head.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails