I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Contest Update and Stegmaier Mansion

Many of you know that I had the opportunity to help decorate the Stegmaier mansion for Christmas..... the thrill of my life!

Joe and I were invited to a Christmas party held at the mansion but unfortunately could not attend as I was ill. I was devastated.....

LOOK at this creation of desserts!!


Photo by John Grant


To view more photos of this party that I missed ( Boo Hoo), please click on the link to the Stegmaier Mansion's facebook site. Click HERE

And now for the contest update.....
Many of you know that I was a finalist in the local newspaper's Holiday House Contest. I actually never knew I was until the 21st which was the very last day because I never clicked onto the site until then and when I saw my home with 188 votes from people who I did not know, I was amazed.
To have received 188 votes before I could even get the word out that I was in the contest was incredible. It put me in second place.

I am not going to discuss the mess that happened after that with the family member of the person who I was running neck and neck with when all of my votes from people I know started to vote for me which caused me to wash my hands of the whole thing and ask to be withdrawn.

This was a silly little decorating contest and was not of any importance in the Scheme of Life. There are much more important things in life!!
BUT I was contacted by the newspaper yesterday . They informed me that they were waiting to see if I won the contest because they had every intention of doing an article on me and my 14 trees whether I won or not. They were just waiting to see if I won and would incorporate it with the contest article to be run on Christmas Day which was supposed to feature ALL of the contestants.
They approached me about consenting to a separate article because I told them that I did not want my name mentioned at all as part of the contest nor wanted my home featured in the contest article.
I initially declined but after talking to Joe and my sons
I will consent to an article is if it is done separately from the contest and after Christmas.
As it stands now, I am waiting to see what the newspaper decides........

I do want to thank everyone who posted the link on numerous Facebook sites with thousand's of followers, on their blogs and emailed it out to everyone on their email lists. The newspaper said that they knew it would be posted on many Facebook sites and that is want they thought would be so cool about the contest!

Since I received so many inquiries as to why I withdrew, I thought I owed all of you an explanation......

Hugs,
Debbie

5 comments:

  1. Debbie I can understand you have to do what you think is right but I personally don't see any good reason for you to withdraw. You work very hard to create all the beauty around you and you do it for the pleasure of all those who will see it. Being recognized for that effort just means more people will be inspired by what you pour your heart into!
    You shouldn't penalize yourself for having a lot of loving friends.....just my opinion but hey I am brilliant...:)
    Love you sweet lady....
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, I agree with the commenter above but I understand that only you can do what is right for you. So sorry you were sick and could not attend the mansion party. Poor thing, I know how disappointed you must have been. But...next year right? Please do let us know when they do the newspaper article. Hoping you can post a link so we can see and share in your happiness! You are so deserving! Hugs to you! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Debbie.. Well, it is definitely your decision to make and your trees are fabulous, no matter what :) :) You have to make the decision you feel comfortable with :) :) You're a sweet lady :) :) Happy Christmas and Happy New Year :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, I agree with Tina and Mary! I voted for you because i have seen your house, It deserves to win a contest!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, what a time!~ This is just so heartwarming Debbie that you had so many votes; good for you! Thanks for sharing.

    At long last I am slowly re-emerging from the fatique of directing, A Christmas Carol' production'in loving memory of my late father, and I'm finally able at long last to catch up with my visits.., Oh how I've missed you all!

    Have a wonderful, creative,joyous, blessed, safe and prosperous New Year!

    Cheers and hugs from Wanda Lee
    @ http://theplumedpen.blogspot.com

    P.S.~ Please do feel most warmly welcome to pop by for afternoon tea once again, I'd just love to share a cup with you.., I always so love having you join us!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails